Part 13 - The Woman?

*FLASHBACK - 4 years ago*

Chaos reigns supreme in New York city. Loki, the god of mischief, and Thor's brother, has descended from Asgard, staking a claim on the Earth. Thankfully Fury had brought together a group of people to help fight off this enemy: the Avengers.

Thor had still been living as a civilian for the past year; his hammer still grounded in New Mexico. He had become a valuable ally for the Avengers in their research of space. With Loki on the rampage Fury had demanded that he be brought in to try and talk his brother down. After hours of fighting the god with his army of Chitauri, he has called a truce when he discovered Thor was close by.

"Do not worry Kate," Thor places a hand on your face. "Even without my full power I am still strong. And he is my brother." You understand the pain in his eyes. Fear filling your stomach as you watch his walk towards Loki - his army at his back, waiting for their orders. "Brother, whatever I have done to wrong you, to lead you to this madness, I am sorry." Loki looks on as he approaches, emotionless. You try to edge closer to hear more of what they are saying, Tony right at your back. "But these people, they have done nothing. This world does not deserve our petty squabbles to turn into their annihilation. Please brother..."

"ENOUGH!" Loki roars. "I don't plan on their annihilation." he smirks. "But if I cannot rule Asgard, then Midgard it must be."

"You can rule on Asgard, as long as I am exiled..."

"But that's just the problem, isn't it? Always must I live in your shadow, even in exile. "He slams his sceptre into the ground, the echo resounding in the empty street. "But not in death." He smirks again.

A cascade of light erupts behind Loki's army; despite never having seen it, you understand it is what Thor had described as the Bifrost. Your fear intensifies as a giant figure appears from the light - even larger than the Hulk and made of metal - beginning a slow walk towards the team, the Chitauri moving out of their way. Thor had told you about him too - the Destroyer.

"Brother, please." Thor takes another step towards Loki. "I have no desire to return to Asgard. I want no part of the throne." He turns and catches your eye before turning back to Loki. "I have a life here."

"The woman?" Loki laugh menacingly. "How pathetic!" He points his sceptre towards you, making the giant behemoth start stomping towards you.

"Get out of there Kate," Tony grabs your arm in his Iron Man suit, but you pull away.

"I'm not leaving him," You shout, eyes moving between Thor and the Destroyer. Thor's eyes meet yours, begging you to walk away but you're rooted to the spot, while the ground shakes beneath you.

"Take my life, not hers." He turns back to Loki, the thought of you getting hurt at the hands of his brother is tearing him apart.

"Sentiment," Loki spits out, slamming his sceptre down again making the Destroyer stop in its tracks as it gets close to you. A huge sigh of relief leaves your body; you didn't even realise you were holding your breath. Before you can even begin to think about what Thor had just said, a giant metal hand backhands Thor, sending him flying backwards - crashing into the side of a building.

A deafening roar comes from behind you as you stare at where Thor landed in shock; the Chitauri screeching a battle cry, while Loki stands in front of them, emotionless. Finally your brain catches up and you scramble over to Thor, climbing over rubble. Tony and some of the team following you to help pull some off of him. He's still alive, but barely breathing as you get to him. As the others pull more rubble away from him, you wrap an arm around him.