Part 32 - He Was Abducted?

After a few drinks with Nat and Wanda, you start to let the alcohol wash away all the tension and heartbreak from the day. Feeling more at ease, you even find yourself laughing along while Nat and Wanda compare the men of the group; not one of them daring to mention Thor or Loki, not wanting to antagonise you.

"How about some music?" Nat asks, getting up and running through her CD collection. "What you feeling girls?" Both you and Wanda shrug; Wanda is still nervous in your company, still feeling her way within the group. "Oh come on Kate, you've usually got an opinion on everything!" She winks back at you.

"I don't really give a shit about music Nat," You half laugh, starting to feel the alcohol warming your body, and soothing your mind. "Just stick anything on."

"Ok, even that's weird for me," Wanda laughs. "Who doesn't like music?"

You shrug again, reaching over and grabbing the bottle, pouring a larger measure than you meant to as you start to feel tipsy, spilling some of the bottle on the floor. "Guess it was just another thing that died with me when I was a kid." You take a large swig, while Wanda grabs the bottle before you drop it. "Not a lot of options for great music in the psych ward!" Your last statement makes both of them turn and stare at you. "What?" You question when you realise their eyes are on you.

"You were in a psych ward when you were a kid?" Nat asks, making you realise that it had slipped out. Looking down, swirling your drink in your glass, not meeting her eye. "Kate," she leans down and places a hand on your arm. "Why didn't you tell me? What happened?"

You push her hand off of you, panicking slightly as you realise that you had let something slip out; normally you were so careful, but the last few days mixed with the alcohol has suddenly made a lethal combination - loosening your mouth. "It's nothing," you slur, standing up suddenly feeling awkward.

"Doesn't sound like nothing," Wanda chips in; looking at Nat, trying to gauge how far they push you on this. You shrug, finishing off the glass, determined to get out of there before anything else came out.

"Trust me, it's nothing," You head to the door. "Thank you for tonight girls, but I think I'm going to..."

"Nope," Nat rushes to the door, blocking you from it. "You're going nowhere in that condition. Get your ass back over there." You raise an eyebrow at her, daring her to take you on.

"What condition?" You snap, before Nat reaches over and wipes the stray tear that's falling. Even the gentle touch from her almost knocks you off your feet as your unsteady with the drink, making her grab you and push you back to the bed, Wanda wrapping an arm around you. "Come on Kate, what the hell is going on?"

"It's all just too much," you sigh, wiping your eyes and looking up at the ceiling, trying to force yourself to stop crying.

"Hey, look at me." Nat pulls your attention back to her, Wanda leaning over and placing a hand on your back. "There is nothing, NOTHING, that is any worse than what I've done," She looks up at Wanda who nods, "What we've done in the past. You are who you are now because of that experience and you're pretty awesome. So cut the bullshit and talk to us."

"It's not that it's bad," you sigh, wiping the stray tear away from your face. "It's more embarrassing than anything else. Plus its the looks....." You reach over for the bottle one more time before Nat stops you.

"This is us," Wanda pipes up. "We're not going to look at you any differently, we just want to help you."

"I don't need help," you snap, trying to get up but Wanda and Nat both pin you back down to sit.

"Bullshit," Nat pipes up. "Everyone needs help, and shouldn't be ashamed of asking for it. Now either you tell us, or Wanda....do your thing?"

Wanda's eyes open wide in shock, but Nat winks, hoping that the threat alone will be enough for you to open up. Simply nodding, she starts twisting her fingers, making her energy flow between her fingers, making you terrified. "Fine," you yell, reaching over for the bottle one more time. "If I'm going to tell you these things then I'm going to need another!"