Part 73 - For Everyone

As the shots rain down over the compound from Thanos' ship, you curl yourself into a ball, hiding in the mud desperately trying to cover yourself. Feeling a massive weight land of top of you, at first you think you've been hit, when you look up and see Quill wrapping himself around you, trying to shield you from any blast. He yells something in your ear, but you can't hear it over the crossfire.

Abruptly the shots stop as quickly as they started; the massive guns turning and shooting upwards towards the sky as opposed to the ground. Slowly peeling himself off of you, Quill stands, helping you to your feet as all of you watch; unable to work out what they're shooting at. "About god damn time!" Rocket yells out, laughter in his voice, as a massive beam of light flies straight through the ship, destroying it completely.

"We gotta move," Quill grabs your arm, pulling you to safety as the large chunks of debris fall, almost as threatening as the barrage earlier. The group come together with Danvers landing in front of you, a glum look on her face.

"Sorry." She nods at Steve. "I should have listened, I should have stayed."

"You're here now," Steve salutes to her. "Now let's finish this." He gestures over to where Thanos is still standing, cupping his arm at the stump Nebula created. The remains of his Black Order with what's left of his army standing by him. "This is our last shot."

"Did anyone see where the stones went?" You ask, a hint of green appearing beside you as Loki appears, space stone burning in his hand before he makes it disappear. "Of course," You nod, the smallest hint of a smile resting on your face.

"Kate, you and Loki find those stones," Steve orders, voice filled with authority. "The rest of us, we got work to do." He straps his shield tight around his arm. Loki grabs your arm, trying to lead you away, but your eyes are glued to Corvus Glaive, and his spear.

"No," You defy Loki and Cap's orders, pointing at Glaive with the Hammer. "That one's mine."

"Well perhaps, you should look the part," Loki whisks his hands over you, changing your appearance from your muddy, bloody clothing to some regal Asgardian armour, exactly matching to Thor's.

"Sorry," Tony breathlessly shouts. "But I've got a better idea." You can hear the swirls of metal as they whisk through the air towards you. Piece by piece the suit Tony had made for you come together, matching itself against your body. "That's more like it." Tony grins, looking at you with pride. You nod to him before slamming the helmet down, eyes turning back to Glaive.

"I'll get the stones," Danvers explodes into energy, flying off to see if she can get a better vantage point.

"AVENGERS!" Steve yells, as your group lines up, shoulder to shoulder, ready to fight. He looks over at the group, meeting Tony's eye as he shuts his helmet.

"Time to work for a living," Tony yells. Instantly you take off, FRIDAY navigating, knowing exactly where you want to go. Landing in front of Glaive who charges to meet you, you swing Mjolnir, knocking him back. Quickly he's back on his feet, but not before Tony and Quill rally behind you; both of their firing easily deflected by Glaive's spear.

Midnight tries to defend him, aiming at Quill before Nat and Barton appear out of nowhere, parrying every blow she tries to make. "FRIDAY, how do you feel about frying these fuckers?" You watch on your screen, the AI quickly calculating whether the suit can withstand the lightning.

"With pleasure Miss Brooks." You raise Mjolnir while using the suit to get as high as you can. Summoning as much power as the suit can take, you direct the hit onto Glaive, who just barely manages to get out the way, dropping his spear in the process. Proxima Midnight isn't so lucky; the full force of lightning hitting her square in the chest, burning right through her, leaving a smoking heap on the ground.