Chapter 30

Namjoon's POV

After Seoyeon left, I eventually fell asleep beside Hwayoung. I think I slept for a few hours, because it's already lunch when I checked the time after waking up. Also, Hwayoung was not beside me the moment I woke up. So I tried to sit on my own and I was glad that I gained more energy and strength than this morning. Actually, I didn't intend to get sick. I mean, who would? It was just that Hwayoung was so eager to play outside in the rain, since she would do that with Taehyung back then. As a father, I couldn't resist her puppy eyes. She just looked like Seyoung whenever she asks me to do some things with her. They know my weakness. They are my weakness.

I took a deep breath and used the side table to help me stand up. My knees are still quite wobbly, but I managed to reach the door of my room. I then kept myself close to the walls, to make sure I have something to lean onto, as I walk through the hall. I wonder where my daughter is. She usually stick by my side. However, when I reached the stairs, I heard giggles and cheering noises coming from downstairs. The giggles sounded like Hwayoung's, so I carefully went downstairs to check the situation. The noises got louder as I farther ascend to the kitchen, only to see my daughter with my secretary. They're wearing an apron and Hwayoung is using the stool to be able to level with the countertop. It seems like they're preparing something, probably baking because I saw some mixing bowls and a rolling pin. It made me smile when I noticed flour on Hwayoung's face. All of a sudden, I remember that Hwayoung has been requesting me to bake with her. Unfortunately, I'm not blessed with hands that can do nothing properly than just signing papers.

They seemed so busy because they're still unaware of my presence, so I just leaned on the wall as I watch them. I glanced at Seoyeon and heard her tell Hwayoung the instructions how to mix the wet and dry ingredients to create a dough. She's so patient with her. Sometimes, I wonder if she gets annoyed at my daughter for being so clingy and somewhat of a brat. As a father, I try my best to discipline Hwayoung with her behaviors, but she just kept on being like that when it comes to Seoyeon.

"Good job! You did great on mixing it, sweetheart." Seoyeon suddenly praised while clapping and I saw my daughter smile so widely at her. "Look how nice the dough is." She added while observing it.

"Are you proud of me, mommy?" Hwayoung asked, making her pause for a second and faced Hwayoung.

I gazed at Seoyeon's reaction to what Hwayoung said. Up until now, I still don't know why my daughter kept on calling her that. I don't know why she is so attached to Seoyeon.

"Of course, sweetie. I'm so proud of you." She replied with a warm smile on her lips, poking Hwayoung's cheek lightly.

"I love you," Hwayoung then hugged her by the waist, getting her off guard. "I love you, Ms. Park." She added.

Seoyeon fondled Hwayoung's hair as she said, "I love you too, sweetheart." And they eventually pulled away, at the same time, Seoyeon saw me. "Mr. Kim?" She called, which made me stand up straight.

"Daddy!" Hwayoung cheered as she went down of the stool and ran to me, making me chuckle as I open my arms to welcome her.

"Hey, princess." I said, petting her head, when she hugged my leg.

"How are you feeling, daddy?" She asked as she look up at me.

"I feel good, princess, but I felt sad because I woke up without my daughter by my side." I faked a pout as I carry her in my arms, "I thought you were taking care of me." I added.

She cupped my face and gave me a smile, "Sorry, daddy." She said and nuzzled her nose against mine.

"It's okay. Anyway, what are you upto, huh?" I then walked over where they were before.