Pt.6

Backstory part two.
Dalton

The car ride to school drains me before i even step into college.

The time it took for me to get from my house to the entrance of college was close enough to an hour.

On my way there though, at the seventh row of traffic lights, i stop my car to see a familiar face walk the streets of New York on her own.

Avery Kimberly.

Watch her look both ways before walking across the road toward the pavement on the other side of the junction where at.

My head follows her, as I'm unaware that the light is green, and has been for some time now.

The sound of a horn from behind me, brings me back to my senses as i start the engine again and continue to drive my car..

Giving Avery a second small glance before i leave her.

When i park my car and leave heading toward the double doors to hell, i meet up with Lukas my best friend since... well ever.

"How's you?"  He asks.

"Tired" i sigh.

"Early Monday morning blues huh?" He questions as i slightly smile at him.

Pushing the door open with my arm, and giving enough space for me and Lukas to enter together, the hallways are silent.

"Late again" he says.

I shrug.

"Oh well, this place is a piece of shit anyway." I tell him.

We walk toward our class, and make our way to our seats, just before me sits Avery and her friend Oliva.

I can't help but go back to this morning, just a few minutes before, when i watched her roam the streets of New York city.

Of course she rolls her eyes and awakes me from staring.

The rest of the lesson though, i keep going back to her.

I've always found myself attracted to her, her beauty, her brightness, her everything just draws me in.

I wanted nothing more then just her.

For some time now, I've been feeling this way, however I haven't done anything about it because i know she "hates" me.

Literally.

So I've settled on just staring... for now.

When we get to my house after school, Lukas invades my wardrobe for a potential outfit for me to wear at a party, i don't really want to go to.

"It will be fun, come on bro!" He says.

I just shake my head and smile, then slump myself onto my bed.

"Do you think that Liv and her friend will be there?" He questions me, as i look up from my book and onto him.

"What?" I ask.

"Liv and her friend, they're coming right?" He questions me again.

"I don't know. Maybe..." i tell him.

He smiles.

It catches me of guard, why the fuck is he smiling.

Is he also attracted to Avery?

Or is he attracted to her friend, Olivia?

Or is he attracted to them both?

Or... is he just being friendly because- no he has to be attracted to at least one of them.