Pt.25

Authors note - Because Dalton got to wait until December and Avery's Bday is before his, not only is Avery younger (15/18) while he's older (16/19) but there's a period before his Bday when there both the same age (16/19) until his Bday when he turns older (17/20).

Dalton - was 16 in the backstory, was 19 four years after and then 20 and ends with him being 21 and 22 in the bonus chapters.
Avery - was also 15 in the backstory, was 18 four years after and then 19 and ends with her being 20/21 in the bonus chapters.

Lukas is the same age as Dalton, his Bday is December 4th and Olivia is the same age as Avery, her Bday is October 7th.

Onto the story xx

——-

Avery
—-

It's his birthday.

"Happy 20th" Lukas taps Daltons shoulder.

"Thanks" he says while carrying a box all wrapped up.

It even has a bow.

"I'm not sure why you've spent money on my ass" he tells him.

Lukas sits beside me, as does Liv.

"Just open the fucking box" he asks.

Dalton sighs, then takes another look at Lukas then back at the present and opens it.

He lifts out a black jumper, with the paradise city logo on the back.

Daltons eyes go wide, then he flips it to see the front and with that he notices a letter sticking out of the pocket.

In the corner of my eye, i see Liv wrap her hand over Lukas's.

Then i look back at Dalton, who is now sat on the couch in front reading a letter.

His face shows tons of emotions, he smiles, he tears up and he also scrunches his face.

"Its from my parents" he says.

Lukas just nods his head.

"The jumper was your fathers, the handwriting is your mothers and the logo is yours. Its was meant to be for your first bday without the both of them. But you insisted on never celebrating until now." Lukas says.

Dalton sniffs, and wipes his eyes. Holding the letter in the one hand and gets up to meet Lukas in front of me with a hug.

"Now its my turn" Liv says.

Dalton looks down at her confused, letting go of Lukas.

"You, you got a present?" He questions her.

"Well duh" she tells him, then throws him a wrapped item.

He catches it in his hands, still holding the letter.

"Open it" she directs him.

He chuffs, then tears the paper apart.

"Its a photo frame" he says.

I laugh.

"Look at the other side" i tell him.

He turns the frame to see a picture of Olivia in her poker face.

He laughs.

"Isn't it just the best present ever" she says.

Dalton nods his head.

"Oh its going on my wall" he tells her.

"No, no its a joke" she pauses as he puts the frame onto the corner of a wall.