Pt.30

Author note —— Please go read.
Lukas City - spin-off book - dedicated to Lukas Cloud and Olivia Brooklyn.
—-

Avery
—-

I slowly wake up and realise the time.
Its the middle of the day and I've been sleeping this hole time.
Ive missed the morning, but I'm up now, getting ready for the afternoon.

I wash, dry my hair, put on sweatpants and walk downstairs with my water bottle in hand.

Taking a few sips before making my way into the living area where I'm met by Dalton cooking in the open-planned kitchen.

"Afternoon sleepy head" he says while frying some vegetables in a pan.

"Why didnt you wake me up?" I ask him, before placing my bottle on the table and sitting down.

"You seemed peaceful, I didn't want to ruin your sleep" he tells me, while using a spoon to stir the veg.

"Ive never seen you cook" i smile to myself, while watching his chef skills.

"There's a first time for everything" he says, while removing the veg from the pan and puting it inside a bowl. Then taking some meat from the fridge and frying that as well.

"Oh, by the way. You eat meat right?" He questions me while string the brown meat in the pan. "Yeah, but what exactly is that" i say, i can smell it, it does smell nice.

"Don't worry, only beef. We run out of chicken and i best do some shopping now that there is two of us instead of just me" he says.

"I dont mind" i tell him, while standing up and making my way to the kitchen. I take the wraps and place them on plates and grab a butter knife.

"Of course you dont" he mutters and smiles to himself looking down at the meat cooking inside the pan.

"Can i put some songs on?" I question him, he laughs "at least let me blare some good music while were at it" i tell him. He nods his head.

I quickly shuffle my playlist, expecting any song to come up, a punk one, a hot one, a sad one, but instead a romantic one comes on. The sappy lyrics roam around the kitchen and Dalton and i just listen in awe.

I'm too lost in the music that i end up dancing, swaying myself with the melody of Beige by York Lore.

I don't wanna see you smile
I want you in the morning
Before you go performing

Dalton just remains in his position, but every now and then i do spot him, staring at me, watching me...

And I think we'd survive in the wild
We would eat plants and roots and dream about electric fans
Baby, could you kill a man?
Could you look in his eyes and feel the fire drain out of his hands?
Baby do you think about the past?
Do you wonder if every stupid little thing has led us to this

Dalton

She continues to dance around as I'm stood just watching her. Her body moving with the rhythm, the lyrics hitting my soul.

Tell me something I don't know
And lead me to the place where no one ever goes
Let me go under your skin
Let me find the demons that drive those heavenly limbs

I smile at her, forgetting about the meat probably burning in the pan.

You know you're beautiful
But that ain't half the gold treasure in your soul what you got 'cause I want it all
With your fingers in my mouth, I fail to see your faults
So please don't let me fall