Pt.41

Authors note: this chapter is about Lukas and Olivias Backstory, how they got together and will be in their POVs. —— Please go read.
Lukas City - spin-off book - dedicated to Lukas Cloud and Olivia Brooklyn.

—-
Lukas
—-

(A year before, the night of Avery's disappearance)

Ive been standing by this bar for hours, just drinking the same alcohol in different glasses.

I'm bored.
I must be immune to alcohol.

I search the crowded club to see no sign of Dalton Sky... and no sign of Mason Royal.

But my eyes dart to a girl, dancing around the middle of the floor. Allowing her body to sync with the music.

Her friend, i know of... Avery Kimberly.
So the blonde, whose caught my attention is Olivia Brooklyn.

"Another Cloud?" The bartender asks, as i shake my head and continue to stand there.

"You caught someone?" He asks again, i shake my head, "no" i say bluntly.

"I know, its none of my business" he says before dealing with another customer.

I search again to see Avery alone, dancing in her own world, without her best friend... and i see Dalton Sky, locked on target, standing in the corner just watching her.

"Hiiiiiii" Liv slumps on the bar beside me.
She smiles up at my tall figure and back at her drink.

"Remember me?" She questions me, the music blaring in the background covers my voice as i mutter "i know".

"Mhm?" She shouts, "you got to shout, I'm deaf in these clubs" she tells me. I look down at her, "how have you been?"

"Good, what about you Mr Cloud?" She slurs as she sits on her high bar chair.

"Good" i say.

She orders another round and i place my elbows on the bar.
"What are you doing here alone?" She chuckles.

"I cant be alone on a night like this" i ask her, all while taking my drink to my lips.

"No, no you simply cant" she shouts over the music.
"You'll keep me company then" is all i say before she nods.

—-

Several other drinks later, shes managed to go off for a toilet and I'm to check my surroundings again.

Avery is gone.
Dalton isn't here also...
And i never knew where Mason was to begin with.

—-
Olivia
—-

I slump back onto my seat beside Lukas, who might i add, is a very attractive person. I still feel that childhood crush from 4 years back.

"Want to leave, I'm done with this place for tonight" he shouts over the music. I look around, and instantly furrow my face.

"Ave-" i pause, he stands behind me this time, "she left with a boy, I wouldn't worry, maybe so if she doesn't call tomorrow" he tells me.

I fall into him, wasted by the alcohol and sigh. "Whatever you say big guy, I'm just exhausted" i say.

"I'll drive you home" he says, leading me outside to the alleyway.
I'd let him take me anywhere, thats either the trust or my stupidity talking.
So when I'm to sit in the passenger side of his car, driving though the midnight city with him. I reckon its just the both of them.

"Shit" he mutters as i look at the mirror to eye a police car behind us. I then look at Lukas who speeds up the car.

"Hey, woah woah" i pause, "what are you doing?" I ask him.
"Hold your seatbelt" is all he says, before he takes the police behind him, on a epic chase through the city and looses them before going to his house.