Pt.44

Authors note: this chapter is about Lukas and Olivias Backstory, how they got together and will be in their POVs. Please go read - Lukas City - spin-off book - dedicated to Lukas Cloud and Olivia Brooklyn.

—-
Olivia
—-

He stands by his door, as I'm standing in front of him outside.
I ran. The second I knew he was back, I ran through the city to see him.

"You look warn out" he chuckles.

"I am" i pause, "I ran" i say.

He gestures me into his home.
I sigh, then roam his hallway.
Feeling that sense safety in my stomach.
Allowing it to take over me.

"I've missed this place" i tell Lukas as i slump myself onto his sofa.
"Yeah, me too" he says.

"So how was the UK" I ask, as he sits beside me and takes a deep breath.
"Alright I guess" he says, before his phone goes off from inside his pocket.
I sit and just watch, while he rolls his eyes and answers the phone.

"Dalton, I haven't been here for an hour and your already on my back" he says. "I'm meant to always be on your back" Dalton replies as he is now on loud speaker.

"Whats new this time?" He questions his best friend through the phone.
Dalton sighs, "uh nothing, but I need you to shop for me" he says.

I smile to myself.

"And why's that Mr Sky?" He asks, now putting his phone off loud speaker and to his ear. His facial expressions change. He scrunches his nose and then nods his head.

"Alright fine, just send me a list" he says before hanging up the phone.

He turns to face me, as I'm still slumped on the sofa.
"I can walk" i say, before he even forms his sentence.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to join me?" He questions.
"To go shopping, you wanted to ask me to go shopping?" I chuckle.

He chuckles, then grabs his car keys and scratches his neck.
"So, will you. If you want to" he tells me.

I smile up at him, then stand up and make my way toward him, "sure why not" i tell him.

—-

He drives a red thunderbird around the city.
However his eyes are not on the road ahead of him.
Instead, there on me.
He's just watching me...
I feel butterflies form in my belly when he uses one hand to control the wheel of the car.

He parks outside of the grocery store and turns the car off.
"Let's be as quick in here as possible" he says.
"Why? You hate shopping" I ask him, he nudges me and then leaves the car.

He goes over to the passenger side, before opening the car door and helping me out the car.

We make our way into the store, him roaming around with a trolley.
Me using the list to add groceries into the trolley.

Lukas ends up adding a lot more then what is on the list.
He adds pancakes, pancake mix, ingredients to make pancakes, and other foods, that I know, he doesn't like.

I don't say anything, because I don't think he knows exactly what he is doing. So i instead make a random conversation.

"So, I went on a hunt to find Avery this week" i say.
"What" he darts his eyes at me.

"I thought that I had nothing better to do, so I decided to search around for Avery" i tell him.

"And..." he says, pushing the trolley to the checkouts.
"And nothing" i pause, "i never found her, or anything to do with her and her disappearance" i say.