Pt.31

—-
Avery
—-

I'm walking the streets of the city.
Dalton in front of me, holding my hand.

I've been asking him for ages, where are we going?
But he continues to ignore me and drags me around with him.

"Dalton, why are we in Manhattan?" I ask him, while he pushes past a crowd of people. "Dont worry about it, work business okay. I need you to distract a couple men".

"Your joking right! I cant distract anyone." i tell him.

"Unfortunately, we're here. So you kinda don't have a choice, unless you want us killed" he says. I look up at him, he smiles then turns to point to group of men.

The smoke, the smell, the cigarettes.

I nudge past Dalton, making my way toward the group. I decide to pretend to fall and hurt my foot.

"Oh ouch!" I say, no answer.

"Um... ouch" i say, again no answer.

Dalton waits and watches from the corner.

I sigh, then stand up and pretend to hurt my foot again.
"OH NO MY FOOT, OUCH MY FOOT" i shout.

The red head from the other night, he looks over at me and heads in my direction.

"Pretty lady, did you hurt yourself?" He teases.

No shit!

"Can you possibly help me?" I ask him, trying to get the others attention.

"You were with Dalton" he says, i look up at him and shake my head. "Don't lie, I recognise you. I'm not stupid. Nathan and Ulloa are in jail because of you two" he says.

I trace my finger around my ear, putting my hair behind it and look down. Then look back up at him, then turn to face the corner then back at the red head.

"Whos over there?" He asks.

"Hmm, no one" i shrug my shoulders.

"Yeah right" he walks past me and I follow him.
The others, well now I have their attention.

"Stop it" i shout at him, then i take out the gun from inside my pocket. Dalton put it there. "Or I'll shoot" i say.

Red head turns to face me, then he laughs.
"Your gonna shoot me" he says.

"I wouldn't push it Dean" says another man behind me.
"She does know Dalton after all" he continues.

"Yeah and it's obvious isn't it. If she's here, then so is he, he is around here somewhere. He wouldn't let her roam around on her own Xander." Dean shouts.

Xander takes a step back, and watches the other men stay put.
"Whatever you say boss" he says.

I assume, since Nathan and Ulloa are gone for now... he is the new boss.
But Dean isn't phased by the gun.

He walks toward the corner again. I keep warning him but I'm too much of a wuss to pull the trigger.

Before he turns the corner, I put the gun down.
Dean grabs a knife from his pocket and then leaps into the corner.

Dalton grabs his hands, then smiles at Dean.
"Hi" he says as he smiles.

Dalton pushes Dean and he stumbles back and falls, the knife drops to the floor.
"I only come for this thanks" he stands over Dean, leans down and takes something out of his pocket.

"Enjoy your day" he smiles again, before taking my arm and dragging me along with him.

—-

While walking the streets of Manhattan.
I come upon a familiar book store.
"My mother used to bring me here" i tell Dalton.