Pt.11

Author note —— Please go read.
Lukas City - spin-off book - dedicated to Lukas Cloud and Olivia Brooklyn.
—-
Avery

The news goes on about a mafia casino robbing downtown.

Me and my parents sit on the sofa in the living room, me minding my own business while my parents discuss over the news.

"You do know that this casino was over 20 million right" my mum said.

"They robbed over 20 million" my dad tells her, while taking a sip of his drink.

I roll my eyes and then shift around on the sofa, my mother spots me.

"Are you listening Avery?" She asks.

"No" I give her an honest answer.

"Well why not, this is important" she says.

"It has nothing to do with us, so how is it important to us." I question her.

My dad answers or her, "Avery your mother is just worked up, maybe you should start bringing pepper spray with you when you go out."

I laugh. 'Please, would i really need it, we ain't even in that part of town, thats like, the bad side."

"Maybe so, but its better to be safe then sorry Avery, you will from now on take pepper spray in your bag." My dad orders me.

"Alright, fine i'll put pepper spray in my bag from now on." I tell them, before checking the time, then leaving the living room.

I'm meant to be going to the club with my friend tonight and I'm getting ready, with nothing in mind of what to even wear.

After hesitation and countless of piles of clothes all on my bedroom floor.

I decided on wearing simple black tight jeans and a tank top, with a plaid jacket and some black boot heels.

I curl my hair, and add some light dark makeup and red lipstick and make my way toward the front door.

My mother waits by the door and gives me pepper spray while smiling.

I sigh, then take it off her and put it in my bag, before putting the bag over my shoulder and kissing my mother on the cheek before leaving.

——

The best part about waiting outside in the cold night, is my company.

Liv stands beside me shivering in her red dress.

"Okay it's fucking freezing, who's idea was this?" She says.

"Yours" i laugh.

She gently taps my shoulder, "haha, no i mean it, i didn't think it would be this cold tonight but I'm glad we're finally going out."

"Same" i short reply her, while giving my ID to the bouncer and then being let in along with Liv.

The crazy loud music, heaps of people, bright lights and drinks fill the atmosphere around me.

Liv begins to dance away the shivers, and i make my way to the bar, before tripping into someone.

Mason Royal.

He is apart of the Paradise City mafia.

Yes. The mafia, that basically owns New York is called Paradise City.

He stops and smiles down at me.

"Avery Kimberly" he mutters under the loud music.

He looks me up and down before continuing.
"Haven't seen you in ages, its been what, since school."

"Yes" i tell him.

"Can i buy you a drink?" He questions me.

I shake my head and roll my eyes.

"I only offered" he tells me, before chuffing.

"Thanks for the offer, but no ... thank you" i say back.

He watches me move past him, in head of the bar while liv is still dancing. I sit down on a stool, and start my evening with rum and coke.

Several more rum and cokes and I'm dancing around with Liv.

Another several and I'm dancing on my own in the middle of the dance floor, while Liv goes off with some guy.

As i dance to the rhythm for some time, i slowly move my hips and then meet a familiar blonde man, with blue eyes, a tall figure, as he stares me down in a black suit with his hand on his chin.

No other then the man himself... Dalton Sky.

I focus my sight on the heaps of other people around me, as Dalton moves in the crowd and disappears.

So, putting my mind at ease, I decide to make my leave...

I call Liv, who doesn't answer so i leave her a message. Before getting my things and leaving the club.

Heading down the alleyway alone, was airy at first but then it warmed up. Until the end of the alley when i felt like i was being followed.

I stop a few times, but nothing happens so i continue.

But when i stop for the last time, to turn the corner out of the alley, all i can remember is a black bag getting thrown over my head.