Pt.26

Authors note: i am a Afternator, so please don't hate me lmao. I wanted Dalton to tease about a book and i thought about After. I love the book series and the movie series. Just saying before you read, hehe.

——
Dalton
——

She walks around the place as if she owns it.

She's been here a week.

Only a week, and she knows more then me about this place.

And I've lived her for a lot longer.

She sings the song that she gets blared around the house, the song she has had on repeat for the last 20 minutes.

Bitter Love By Pia Mia.

To the point where, i, myself, know every lyric.

But it makes her happy.

She walks, dances, sings and cleans around the house.

"Heaven knows that I've tried, butI never can seem to give you up" she sings.

"Guess I'm out of my mind, so go 'head and pour me another one" she sings also.

I watch her every move, take in every word.

She's good at singing.

Amazing actually.

"You got me wasted and boy, I've been chasing you every night" she continues.

"Roses and wine and you're body on mine got me feeling right" she sings.

I smirk, and lift my drink to my mouth.

I take a sip, thinking about that certain verse.

"Got that magic in you, and you've been possessing my piece of mind" she sings.

"I don't know what to do, I can't get away even when I try" she dances around the island, wiping it with a cloth as she does so.

I just laugh a little, before she catches me and smiles.

"Sorry, no continue. I'm enjoying the show" i tell her.

She lets out a little laugh before continuing to clean.

Meanwhile the song still plays in my head, as it still plays in the house.

The song that i connect with.

Every single lyrics, not only reminds me of her...

But I'm 100 percent sure, that it also reminds her of me.

The song plays again, before she finally turns it off and decides to go for a shower. Leaving me alone in the living room with my thoughts.

And my thoughts only consist of this...

I wanna run,
But baby I drink you up,
'Cause I need it, want it,
Can't get enough of this bitter love.

I'm paralysed,
You give me the sweetest high,
'Cause I need it, want it,
Can't get enough of this bitter love.

—-
Avery
—-

I turn on the hot water as it falls down my body.

It burns a little first, but i get used to the temperature.

I wash my face, my hair, my body and i also manage to shave before turning off the shower and grabbing a towel.

As i leave my bathroom, to my surprise, i see Dalton laying on my bed with a book.