23

Andrei 👆

Jolting awake from a sense of deja vu, a familiar feel causes my heart to beat at an incredible speed looking about the empty room. Straining my ears to listen for running water in the shower welcomed by the silence which is very unusual. Picking up my phone from the night stand 12:05pm.

My mind points at the unexpected known familiarity that I can't still seem to figure out.

Stepping down the bed I went for a quick shower rushing back out in a sweat pant and tank top to investigate the reason behind the commotion in my head. Passing the security who greets me with a nod and a blank stare, maids going on hurriedly with their activities greeting me as they scurry away.

What's going on and where is Tusya?

My little bundle of energy greets me every morning he wakes up with a kiss; so why does today seem aloof? Where are the boys for christ sake?

A tall figure in a black tux blocks my way, having me shrink back in panic till I see it's one of the guards. "Excuse me, Miss. The Madame is waiting for you at the gazebo." He says, monotone with a heavy Russian accent.

Prying. "Have you seen Tusya?"

The man stares at me blank and void of emotion. "I will take you to her, now." Okay. If that's not creepy following behind him till we get to the gazebo where she lay on a couch reading a vogue magazine.

Weirdly, my heart beats and this time I do know why. That is because I don't know how to explain myself to the woman whom my mother assigned as my guardian on her death bed; and right here, right now, I wish I am anywhere but here. Alone with her.

"Trinity! Come sit, child." She calls smiling so beautiful I ponder on the fact age never catch up with her. In her forties and she looks nothing pass my age. Golden brown skin glowing under the sunlight, honey brown eyes beaming with happiness as she looks up at me dropping her magazine on the stool where her drink sits.

Mrs Sonia is flawless; truth be told, she and Mrs Rosie are the most beautiful women I have come across. No wonder the men are protective of them.

"You look healed well enough. How are you feeling?"

My eyes can't stop admiring, watching as she sits upright in a relaxed stance plopping an elbow on a throw pillow for support and her fist tuck under her chin looking at me with a perky smile. Brown lush curls dancing with the wind, her hand smoothen her fleece maxi dress reaching for her glass of lemonade.

Sighing, plopping my ass down. "Better. I think." Turning my head to see if I will catch a glimpse of auburn curls playing somewhere in the estate.

"What has your attention?" Flitting my gaze back at her amused one. Like she knows something and waiting for me to figure it out.

"Nothing. Just...uhm, have you seen Tusya?" Her smile grows wider placing the glass gently on the side table.

"He is with his father's." She answers throwing her legs on the couch. "In Spain." Whiplash, I stare at her.

My eyes grows wide as my mouth falls open in shock trying to decipher if the older woman is actually pulling my legs seeing her with apt concentration focused on her shoulder blowing off an invincible dirt then smoothening the area with her index looking back at me with yet another beautiful smile.

"Spain?" I repeat, stupefied.

"The conglomerate, why of course. They boys made me baby sit you till they are back." She says it so casually like she's talking about the weather. I explode.