chapter 30

Recap:
A middle-aged lady who I guess is a housekeeper opened the door. Jac and I greeted her and went to the living area to greet his parents. But, little did I know that I'm meeting my Uncle and Aunt!!! What am I gonna do now?

Jac's POV{Unexpected, right?}"

I don't know why that bastard hit sunshine. If it wasn't her, I would've arranged a funeral for that bastard. She doesn't deserve all this. How can life be such cruel to such a sweet thing like her? Anyway, I think she is happy now and that is all that matters.

But, now there is this awkward silence around us because this is the first time my parents were silent. If it was for any other time, they would not have stopped talking. Sunshine and my parents didn't dare to utter a single word. They just kept staring at each other. Finally, I decided to break their staring contest and asked"Guys, what's happening? What am I missing?"

I think Sav came out of her near shock state as she went straight ahead to hug my parents. She has tears forming in her eyes but she looked happy. She confessed to my parents"I missed you so much, aunt and uncle".Mom replied, "Oh, dear! We missed you too. Come on, there is so much to catch up on. Let's sit on the couch". Soon, they sat and were bubbled up in their own bubble. However, I was glad to know that Sav and I are cousins. I exclaimed bursting their own space "Why am I feeling ignored and left out?" Dad pulled me making me sit beside him and said, "Don't be a drama queen now". I pouted to which all of them laughed out loud. We had chatted for a while and I went to show Sav her room.

 We had chatted for a while and I went to show Sav her room

Later, Dad called me to meet him in his home office. By the look on his face, I can tell the matter is pretty serious. Mom was also present. They told me to close the door and started saying"Look, Jac! There is something serious we need to tell you. Remember when we told you that your baby sister had died when she was born. Well, How would you react if I say that your sister is very much alive? "   I was utterly confused by his statement. He didn't give me a chance to speak as he continued"We are so sorry that we hid this from you. But, Savannah is your sibling. "I exclaimed "what?How?If she was alive, why did you lie to me?"

Mom kept a hand on my shoulder to make me calm and they continued "See, Jac, we know what we did was highly unforgivable and cruel. But, we were so young at the time we had you and we already had trouble raising a child since we are very young. Savannah was totally unplanned and we didn't dare to manage two kids. We arent for any other child. Being very stupid, we gave her up for adoption. Later, with the time being, we were built up with that guilt and regretted our decisions. Nevertheless, It was too late. She was adopted by some husband and wife. We went to convince them. we saw how good they were treating her, how happy she was. They were so adamant about not giving her up. After many pleasings, they agreed to portray us as her uncle and aunt. We accepted it because at least in that way, we can be close to her.

We planned to manipulate them into signing the adoption papers along with the financial documents regarding her shares of properties from us. Unfortunately, they caught us and only signed the latter ones in which it clearly states that she can be the half-owner once she turned 23. They shouted and asked us to never come back. We didn't want sav to lose her happiness with them, So we decided to stay away from her.

Now, we are truly confused about how she ended up here. But, I want you to be the one who open this news to her and also ask her about what happened.

I'm still trying to digest all this news. I can't believe Sunshine is my baby sister. I am damn happy about that. But, the hard part is making her know about this fact and I fear how would she react.

Hey guys:) please don't hate me for this late update. I hope you liked it and I promise there will be frequent updates from now. Do vote, share, comment and follow:) These things make me to be on cloud nine.