chapter 31

Recap:

I'm still trying to digest all this news. I can't believe Sunshine is my baby sister. I am damn happy about that. But, the hard part is making her know about this fact and I fear how would she react.

Sav's POV:

I  still can't believe that Jac's parents are my aunt and uncle. I think destiny played its part as it brought us together. While I was deep in thoughts, Jac came in and pulled me into a long hug. He also kissed my forehead in a very affectionate way. I taunted him saying"Someone is being touchy -touchy. Aren't you supposed to be a bad boy ?" He chuckled at that for a moment but soon turned serious. He looked into my eyes and said"Sav, you have to let me complete. To start with, you are my baby sister and.....".He continued about what happened all this time.

I don't know whether to feel sad that my parents didn't want me or happy about the fact that they regretted their decision and wants me back in their lives. I hugged Jac knowing that I have a big bro who can protect me at all times. He gladly accepted the hug and taunted me back saying"I don't do hugs. Remember, I was supposed to be a bad boy." I said, "Just shut up and enjoy the moment, you dimwit."

After some time, he asked me about why I came to Newyork as my parents made it clear to his parents that I like to study in my hometown itself. I was contemplating whether to broke the news about my sufferings to them when they are here thinking that I am living my life to its fullest. I don't want them to blame themselves. On the other hand, I want to stay with them forever.  I can't decide right now so I asked Jac for some time to open up.

Jac changed the topic to his never-ending crush, Penelope. He asked me"So sunshine, You will help your big bro asking his crush out, won't you?" We thought for some time and came up with you- can't- say -no -to -this idea which we decided to implement tomorrow.

Soon, the dawn broke. I woke up the next day in a happy and peaceful mood. I got freshen up and went downstairs to see Jac, Mom, and dad setting up the table. I'm still new to calling them, mom and dad. Mom and dad kissed me on the forehead and said  "good morning little plum".Mom cooked a huge range of dishes from simple french toast to Swedish cinnamon rolls. All foodies would die to be eating these foods.

Noone had done this before

Noone had done this before. Usually, My mother or should I say my adoptive mother doesn't prepare any special dishes. We all sat and started to dig into our plants. Jac ate like a pig, I mean he has a huge appetite. I couldn't help but exclaim"Mmmm, These are so delicious. Thank you Au..Mom." she waved it off with a smile. Then, she started saying how mom accidentally spilled coffee on dad and they hate each other's guts. They were supposed to work together. soon, they fell in love. Aww, Isn't that romantic?" I said. Then, mom and dad started saying about  Jac's embarrassing moments. She said"You know how he forgot his dialogue lines at the age of 12 during his annual day. He was just required to say some two lines about his costume{watermelon} but he forgot them and started sucking his thumb in front of the whole audience. We even had that recorded. It's hilarious."We all laughed while Jac kept on whining "It isn't that funny".Later, while we are watching some random photo albums, Dad spoke"Hey gumdrops, I know it's hard to open up about your past and Its difficult to take this all in but please forgive us for our behaviour. We were stupid and young then." I stood up and pulled him into a hug whispering"It's all ok,d..dad.I forgive you". He gave me a million-watt smile in return.

Later, Dad took us to his office. It turns out that my dad is actually is CEO of Miller Hotels. He showed me everything and introduced me as his daughter to his employees. That part is so overwhelming because I was not used to well, should I say proudly introducing me /Celebrating my presence. Dad even told me that he will host a party to introduce me to which I politely declined fearing that my adoptive father or my ex will come and ruin it.  We ate lunch at his office itself.

Then, Jac and I decided that its time to turn our plan into action. So, we called all our friends to meet us at the cafe. Aaron's phone reached voicemail. All the while in our drive, Jac was a nervous mess. I hold his hand to reassure him. He kept on asking me "what if she likes someone else, already?, No it can't be, I will rip that person's heart out. But what if rejects me?". I replied "Jac, Don't be a pessimist. Just buckle it up and propose to her. Everything will go just fine." He seemed to cool a little bit. Out of blue, My phone buzzed. It was a text message from Aaron saying"Hey baby girl, I just got landed. My phone was in flight mode . Where should I meet you ? Reply to me fastttttt. " I replied, "At the cafe".I didn't get the chance to talk much as we have arrived at the cafe and Jac, who can't wait  is dragging me out

Now, Jac, Josh, Lexi, Gee, Twins, Liam and I are at the cafe. Jac had booked the cab exclusively for us for the evening. Penelope would be coming over for her evening /night shift in 1 hour. We decorated the whole place with candle lights and dropped the rose petals from the main entrance to the centre of the cafe where a table with food and red wine was set up for them. Her glass of wine has a plastic ring at the bottom. We all have to blast the paper poppers when she realises that. Then, Jac would be on his knees with a real diamond ring asking her to be his girlfriend. Amazing idea, isn't it?

We set up everything and we had 5 minutes left

We set up everything and we had 5 minutes left. However, we took our hiding spots. Jac seated at the table. The door opened and we were so excited to see how Penelope would react to the decorations but those are seemed to be not fulfilled as It was Aaron who opened the door, not Penelope. This would be the only time when we felt kinda unhappy to see Aaron.

Hey guys:)))What do you think of today's update? Hope you liked it. Please don't hate me for this late update. I'm just feeling a little low.......Do share, vote, comment and follow:)))))

Love you guysss💕💕💕💕