Crossing the Line

>Liam's POV<

Sigh after sigh after sigh. That was all I had done all day long. After giving Audrey that promise ring last night, I expected everything to be so perfect. But it wasn't. All of our problems were still there. I had tried my absolute hardest to ignore the dirty looks and comments from my bandmates, but they were still there. None of them even knew about last night. I can't even imagine what they would have said if they did know.

I felt like such a girl all day. I felt fragile and emotional. Like one look from someone would send me back into the fire of yesterday.  

Pulling up to the house, I parked my car and headed inside.  

Inside Audrey had lit a bunch of candles. She was in the kitchen cooking dinner, the smell of which overwhelmed my senses.  

"Audrey?" I asked entering the kitchen. 

"Yes, sweetie?" 

"What's up with all the candles?" She was working over the stove but looked up when I walked in. 

"I don't know. They relieve stress, I think." I nodded my head in understanding. 

I watched as Audrey finished our meal and shut off the stove.  

"It has to sit for a bit." She stated with a smile. I reached my arm to the light switch and flicked the lights off. We both looked around us at all the candles. There were enough of them to leave a light glow over everything but they weren't too overpowering. It remined me of the Christmas lights and the night in the studio that Audrey and I had spent together. So much has changed since then.

Audrey hopped up onto the counter. I let out my billionth sigh today. She frowned at me and motioned for me to come closer. 

I stood with my back to the counter inbetween her legs. Audrey's hands tugged up on the bottom of my flannel shirt. I allowed her this without a care. My thoughts wandered to my day and the final London concert tomorrow as Audrey's warm, soft hands rubbed my shoulder blades and back deeply.  

"You should be a masseuse." I smirked. Since she was behind me, I couldn't see her, but I knew her well enough to know that she was smirking back. 

A moan came out from my throat and Audrey giggled. I rubbed small circles with my thumbs on her smooth outer thigh. Her short shorts exposed her entire legs, making them look long an perfect. The glow from the candles made her legs look deeper tan than they already were. After about 10 minutes of her relaxing massage, I was reminded of why I loved her so much.  

>Audrey's POV<  

My phone rang on the counter next to Liam and I, scaring us both. I clicked the speaker button without checking who it was. 

"Audrey..?" The too familiar voice of my sister asked. I hadn't talked to my family since the funeral. They had tried to contact me, but I always ignored them. I stopped giving Liam a massage. Katie didn't give me a chance to talk before she continued.

"Mom and I, we love you to death. But you can't date him. If you're blind enough to think-"  

"Katie." I cut her off. "Stop." She was smart for a teenager and knew I would hang up and not answer next time if she persisted her speech so she stopped, probably not even noticing the pain in my voice.

"Audrey. I got you a plane ticket." I heard my mothers voice over the speaker. Under my hands, I felt Liam's toned back tense up. "I'm not having any daughter of mine disobey me. You're flying home tomorrow, or you're never seeing us again." My mother struggled to get the last words out.