The Call

I'm pretty sure my heart broke when I opened the door to my best friend holding her white iPhone to her lips and obviously trying not to let the tears spill. Within a matter of seconds me and Kiani were in the apartment with the door closed, enveloping Erika's tiny body in a tight hug.

"What happened?" Kiani and I asked in unison.

"He..said... that I wasn't good enough." Erika's voice cracked multiple times and she paused twice to take a deep breath. And let me tell you, I was about to kill that boy. No one, and I mean no one, is allowed to do this to one of my friends.

"Wow." Kiani breathed.

"Don't you dare even think about listening to him, Erika." I told her.

"Seriously, you're too good for him." Kiani peered at me, over Erika's head with a questioning look and I nodded. She wiped out her phone and showed Erika the picture. I held my breath waiting for her response. She whipped her eye really fast and, much to my surprise, burst out in a fit of laughter. Me and Kiani gave her the 'are you crazy' look, which just made her start laughing harder. Uneasily, we joined in with her laughing, still not understanding what was funny.

"Oh my god, look at her shirt! I don't think that's even the right word for it. She's practically half naked!" At that, me and Kiani laughed harder, not because it was funny, just because we were glad that Erika wasn't upset.

"So.. you're okay?" Kiani asked, a little wearily.

"We only dated for like two weeks." Erika pointed out. We all glanced at each other, silently asking what to do next.

"Movie night?" I offered.

"YES, please!" Erika exclaimed. Kiani started heading back to the door.

"Where are you going?" Erika questioned her.

"Uh.. well we need snacks, don't we?" She answered.

>Kiani's POV<

HELL NO! I don't care if Erika was perfectly fine, who does this boy think he is?! I knew exactly where he would be. As I walked up to the entrance of the club, I saw Mikey about to walk in with a group of his buddies.

"Mikey!" I called. He turned towards me. He had a panicked look in his eye. I walked up to him and grabbed his wrist, I heard him ask me to let go a few times as I dragged him farther away from the club. We stopped when I thought we were a safe enough distance from his friends and I whirled around, "Who the hell do you think you are?!" I questioned. Just then, my phone started vibrating in my jeans pocket. I pulled it out, hoping it wasn't someone important and hoping that Mikey wouldn't run. Of course, on both accounts I was wrong. I checked the caller I.D. to see that I was getting a call from Simon Cowell and looked up to see that Mikey had vanished. Cursing under my breath, I answered Simon's call.