Chapter 5 - Katniss POV

We all watch Tobias kiss Tris until Tris pulls away and pushes Tobias into the pool. We all laugh until I spot a pinprick of golden light bobbing towards.
"Guys look," I whisper as Finnick helps Tobias out of the pool.
"Run!" shouts Uriah
We scatter. I run with Tris and Glimmer to the back entrance and we race back into the girls dorm. I know the teachers will be coming around soon to check who was out of bed. I climb my bunk to the top and slip under the covers. I see Tris trying to quickly dry herself of. That was a bad dare.

I wake up early next morning, but Tris is already awake, biting the inside of her lip while she tied her boots. She doesn't no I'm awake. She's untying her boots and tying them again. I don't think she knows what she's doing.
"Tris? Are you all right?" I ask worried.
She nods, but I can tell she's stressed.
"Tris?"I ask
"What?" she snaps and I know she has mixed feelings.
"Is it because of the kiss yesterday?" I ask cautiously.
"Why did he kiss me?" she blurts.
I nearly laugh out loud as I say,
"Tris, duh.. He likes you!"
"But... I don't want to be his girlfriend. I'm not even pretty. I just want to be his friend," she stutters.
I pity her.
"Tris you don't have to be his girlfriend," I say.
Her eyes are glassy now and I know she's not alright.
"Tris, come on it's alright," I say as I give her a big hug.
She nods and wipes her eyes.
"I know," she says her voice shaking. "I'm just being stupid,"
She gets up.
"Thanks Katniss,"
She leaves for breakfast even though it's to early.
I'm left there alone thinking, but not about Tobias but Gale. Why did he kiss me? We're just friends and he knows that. Plus I'm dating Peeta. So I just let myself think that he meant it as a compliment. But it bugs me as I walk after Tris for breakfast.

I was right. It is to early for breakfast. But I just sit on the bench on the porch listening to the birds sing. But the song of the Mockingjay is interrupted by a voice. I turn my head to see Tobias walking up to Tris who is sitting on the icy steps of the porch.
"Tris..." he says as he walks up to her.
"Tobias I don't what to hear anything you have to say," she says and I know she's angry.
"Tris!" and now he's yelling. "I meant as a compliment!"
"Why?! I'm not even pretty?" she says her voice breaking.
"Yes you are!" he says astonished.
"I just want to be friends," she says.
-Silence-
"I'm sorry Tris. Let's just start over,"
"My name's Tobias and my favourite number is 4,"
She smiles at him.
"I'm Tris. My favourite number's 6," she says holding out her hand for him to shake.