Chapter 13 - Tris POV

Katniss talks to Johanna for a bit, while Annie, Christina and I exchange nervous glances. Johanna gives Katniss a hug and says something to her quietly. They come towards us.
"I'm going to bed," says Katniss glumly.
I check my watch. It reads 4:31am. I've been awake all night. Chris and Annie mummer something about doing the same and Annie heads to the bathroom to change out of her dress. I lie down on my bed with my hands behind my head. Chris and Annie fall asleep in about 5mins, but I know Katniss is still awake from her fake snores. I can't fall asleep. For about an hour of trying to go to sleep, I give up and decide to get ready for my classes. By the time I've tied my hair in a ponytail, all the girls are awake. Katniss is sitting on her bed, looking down at her phone. Her eyes are still red, she must have been crying. I leave the dorm. I bump into Peeta, who is hovering at the girls dorm door.
"I don't think Katniss wants to talk to you," I say with disgust.
"Tris, please, tell her that we need to talk about it," he says desperately.
"Sorry," I say not apologetic at all.
He's about to say something, but I push past him and continue to breakfast. There's only one other person sitting at an empty table. I check the time, 6:15. Since I have no where else to sit, I take a seat at Peter's table. He looks up from his phone,
"Hey Tris,"
"Oh.. Hi," I reply.
"Why are you here so early?" he asks, putting away his phone.
"Well, you know, with Katniss and all," I say, presuming that he has already heard of Katniss's and Peeta's break up.
He nods casually.
"Um...Tris.... Would you mind doing a favor for me?"
"Yeah sure, what?" I ask.
"Well, I don't have a car and I'm working part time at the Dauntless Diner, I was wondering whether you could give me a lift. I mean just for today, Drew and Molly are busy, you're really my last option," he says quickly.
"Why can't you just walk?" I ask suspiciously,
"Ur...... I sprained my ankle yesterday,"
There was an awfully big pause between 'ur' and 'I'. But, I agree. It would be nice to get away from all this drama between Katniss and Peeta and besides I shouldn't really be getting involved, I mean I don't know them that well. And it will be cool to hang out with Peter, if that's what he wants to do.