Chapter 11 - Katniss POV

I wait in the boys dorm for Gale and Peeta, ringing my hands in circles. Tris comforts me, patting me on the back. Chris has fallen asleep on Uriah's bed and I can see Tris's eyelids dropping. Finnick is on his phone in his bed and Uriah is pacing up and down the room. Tobias is sitting on his bed talking to no one. At midnight, Gale and a slightly damp Peeta walk in.
"Peeta," I say as I sigh a sigh of relief.
I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him. He still wet and I can feel him shaking.
"Dude!" shouts Uriah.
"What the heck, Peeta?!" screams Tris fully awake.
"You had us worried sick!"
"I'm sorry Katniss," says Peeta.
I frown at him. "Don't apologise Peeta, you probably just slipped in, didn't you," I ask.
He doesn't say anything.
Johanna comes into the boys dorm and sees Peeta.
"Oh my god Peeta! You B****!" she yells.
"You didn't have to drown yourself over it,"
"What?!" I say sharply letting go of him. "You were trying to drown yourself?"
"Katniss!" he yells at me.
But I turn away from him and sit back down on Gale's bed. My eyes turn glassy.
"Katniss....it's not like that. It's not you," he says seeing my face.
-Silence-
"Forget it Peeta, I'm going to bed,"
"Katniss," says Peeta touching my shoulder. "I love you,"
I nod and hug him. Then head to the girls dorm.
-Page Break-
I check the time. My watch reads 1:01 am. I hear voices coming from the hallway. I switch on my flashlight app on my phone and look around. Tris is awake, but she doesn't notice me climb down the bunk. I creep out of the girls dorm and spot Peeta talking to someone, but I can't make out their face.
I watch for a while, but I can't hear what their saying. I'm just to announce my presence when I see Peeta grab the girls arms and pull her close to him as he kisses her. I drop my phone. Peeta and the girl hear and pull apart. Peeta's eyes widen and I feel tears gliding down my face. And though my tears I see the girl. And she sees me.