Chapter 24 - Marlene POV

I'm lying in bed on Instagram at 9:26pm. Nearly everyone in the dorm are sleeping. I scroll down looking at all my friends posts. There's Tobias's post of Tris's lasting minute of girlyness. She went berserk after he posted that. There's Will's calculation of some math thing that apparently won him an award or something. I scroll further down and see Katniss's and Tris's selfie. 324 likes and Peeta commented a full length essay on how he was so sorry he kissed Johanna and how she looked so gorgeous in that photo. Err, he gotta get over her. I scroll down more and see Uriah's selfie. I like it immediately and comment a smiley face and love heart 😀💟. No! I don't like him, why would you ask that?! Haha ha ha.

Next morning I wake up and check the time on Annie's watch that she put on our night side table. 8:30! Shoot! But I put an alarm on for 7:45. That's weird. I check my phone to see what went wrong with my alarm, but when I press the power button, it doesn't switch on. I try again already knowing that it's out of battery😔. Awww, my phone! I put it on charge and rummage though my dresser to get some clothes. I'm already a bit late to breakfast, so I don't take a shower, but gather my clothes up and quickly change into my peach crop top, my brown shorts and my black flats with little ribbons. I tie my hair up into a braid and put on minimal makeup. Then I head to the cafeteria. I can hear loud voices of people talking inside, hoping that I can sneak in, I silently push open the cafeteria door. All heads turn towards me, everyone becomes silent until someone lets out a burst of laughter and nearly everyone starts whispering. As I walk towards our usual table, where all my friends are sitting, I hear whispers and my name is spoken a couple times. I quicken my pace and reach our table within seconds. I take the only vacant seat which is between Zeke and Clove.
"Hey guys," I say pouring some orange juice into my empty cup.
They all smile or nod at me, not saying a word.
"Guys, what's goin on?" I ask.
After a couple more seconds of dead silence Chris speaks up,
"Ur, Mar have you checked your Instagram account?" she asks.
"What, no my phone was out of charge, why?"
Christina turns on her phone, fiddles with it then flips it around so I can see. I take the phone from Chris in total shock.
"What?!" I ask, well almost scream. Some people turn around and snigger.
"I'm so sorry Mar," says Katniss.
"Yea, we all are," said Will.
I turn to Zeke and say,
"Zeke I swear I had nothin to with it," I babble.
"Yeah I know Mar, it was Peter, that idiot," he says comforting.
I take a closer look at the photo, it was clear that it was photo shop. The picture showed me and Uri kissing though photo shop. Peter must have seen that comment I posted on Uriah's selfie and thought that he'd make a joke about it. ERRR! Peter always does this.
"Uri, I'm so-" but I'm cut of by Uriah's voice.
"Come on Mar, it's alright, I know it wasn't your fault," he says consolingly.
"Thanks," I say.
"No prob, it's not like it's true anyway. Haha that would be just weird!" he says grinning,
"Yeah..." I say managing to suppress a grin, but when he turns away my face falls and I look down at my piece of toast. I sigh heavily and take a bite of my toast, it doesn't taste as good as it did before Uriah made that comment 😔.