Chapter 24 - Attendance

REGAN'S POV

"Darling, someone's here to see you." My nurse told me. She was a sweet woman, who came in every few hours to check on me and sometimes just to talk. She had the wisdom of a woman twice her age, and she never failed to share a piece with you.

"Hey babe," Sam stood behind her, towering over her short stature.

I looked down at my hands, running my thumbs against each other.

"May we have some time alone?" Sam asked. The nurse quietly shut the door, leaving Sam and I alone.

"Bab-"

"Sam, I don't want to hear it. As soon as this baby is born I'll leave and you won't have to see me again." I said quietly. He said nothing for a few minutes and sat down in one of the chairs and nodded his head.

"Yeah, that's not happening. Can we talk about it please?"

"What is there to talk about? You cheated on me and rubbed it in my face!"

"Yeah, I know I'm an asshole. You have to hear me out this time," Sam whined as he played with his hair.

"Why? Every time I hear you out, you hurt me again!" I yelled, my fists balling up the bed sheets.

"It's different this time!"

"How?!"

"Because you have my baby!" He sighed and hid his face in his hands.

"I though you said it wasn't yours," I growled. Sam looked at me in shock, his eyes wide.

"Do you want me to deny them? Let them grow up without a dad?" He stood, muscles tensing.

"Why not? I grew up without my dad," I shrugged.

"Look where it's got you! You're a pregnant prostitute! Your dad left your sorry ass and you ended up being a slut!" He screamed at me. I flinched at the sound of his booming voice. His face was red and his breathing was ragged like he was about to cry.

When I said nothing, he made his way towards the doors.

"Sam," I began, making him stop halfway out the door.

"What?" He snapped. I squeezed my eyes tight, choking back sobs.

"My dad, he died in Iraq."

-
ITS SO FUCKING SHORT UGH
but i am in love with the cliff hanger tbh
goodnight guys