Chapter Five - Umm

"REGAN!" I heard Sam yell from downstairs. I jumped from the bed, somehow dressing myself before Sam burst in the room.

"Where the hell have you been!" Sam sighed and held me tight in a hug. I awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to do. Sam stepped back and gave me a funny look.

"Don't leave anywhere without telling me! I thought you were kidnapped or something!" I rolled my eyes at him, I am not a child.

"Well why didn't you call Jack? We were together all day." I challenged. Sam lifted an eyebrow, pondering something.

"You were here, when I called you?" As if on cue, Jack had strolled into the room. Sam stood back, looking between us with squinted eyes.

"We're you, fucking him?" Sam started to get angrier, taking steps towards Jack.

"No, Sam! Jack went to go get lunch and I missed you!" I blurted out. Jack and Sam looked shocked at my outburst. Sam was still mad, but came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Touch my girl, and I'll fuck you up." Sam started to walk me downstairs, but I had a little trouble walking. Jack noticed, and winked at me before I left.

"We are going to dinner with Taylor and his girlfriend, Alex. I thought you might need some friends."

I nodded and got in his car. We drove in total silence back to the house. Once we got to the house, Sam and I sat in the car. He still looked angry from the incident before.

"Why were you at Jack's?" He finally broke the dead air.

"I told you, we were just hanging out and he went to-"

"No, don't lie to me." Sammy looked at me with mixed emotions within his eyes.

"Umm.." I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what he would do to me. What would Jack say or do?

"Look, I'm pretty sure I have a good idea what happened. But you're my girlfriend to him, so keep it that way. I don't want to catch you with him again, understand?" Sam wouldn't look at me, but I nodded in agreement.

Later on, we had gotten ready, Sam in a nice button down shirt and dress pants, myself in a one shoulder lavender dress and white heels. Sam looked irresistible with his hair gelled to one side.

"You look beautiful," Sam looked me up and down, then took my small hand in his, and walked me to the car.

When we arrived at the restaurant, Taylor and a brown eyed brunette girl greeted us. The girl introduced herself as Alex, and I introduced myself. She was very pretty, and the way that Taylor looked at her, I knew that she was his whole world.

Inside the restaurant, a waitress came and introduced herself. We were appointed table, and Taylor and Alex sat together on one side of the booth, Sam and I on the other. When Taylor and Alex ordered their food, the waitress showed little interest. When she turned to me, it looked as if I shoved a pole up her ass.

"And you," she rolled her eyes when I told her what I wanted, making disturbed faces at meal. But when it was Sam's turn, she pushed up her imaginary boobs, and bat her mascara clumped eyelashes.

"What about you, hot stuff?" Sam looked completely unfazed at her flirting right in front of me, and ordered his entire meal, and she even threw in a glass of his favorite beer, on the house of course.

Sam caught me glaring, and asked me what my problem was. I was completely shocked, but told him off.

The night continued with her shameless flirting, but I tried to ignore her and strike up a conversation over dessert with Alex.

"So, how serious are you with Taylor?" I asked her, I needed to know the reasoning behind it all.

"We're actually engaged. And soon hope to start a family." Alex beamed. She showed me her engagement ring, the diamond sparkling as her hand moved. Unfortunately, we didn't get to talk more as Taylor had to deal with business and they had to leave early.

The waitress came over once again, asking if we, more like Sam, were done with our plates.

"Well, whenever you're done with your, um, friend, maybe meet me sometime?" The girl spoke to Sammy as if I wasn't sitting right beside him. She bent down to whisper something in his ear, and I noticed that her shirt was unbuttoned more than before.

She had nothing on me, she wasn't the one who made me feel completely shitty. It was Sam. When she stood to her full stature again, Sam gave her a wink and a little smile. Who was I kidding? Of course Sam would go for her, she's gorgeous and blonde. I'm just his prostitute.

Something inside me broke, but I knew that I was feeling something I shouldn't have.

Sam paid the bill, and grabbed my hand, pulling me from the seat. The waitress returned again, an obvious smirk on her face.

"So see you later?" The blonde asked,

"No, because I won't be fucking you. I'll be fucking her. Here, this should be enough to get you a decent boob job so you won't have to stuff your bras. Have class and find a man who isn't taken." Sam handed her at least a thousand dollars, and pulled me out of the restaurant.

We barely got anywhere before cameras started to flash. Men and women with giant cameras on their shoulders surrounded us, screaming questions.

"Keep your head down!" Sam instructed. I followed his directions, letting him pull me along as the bright lights blinded me.

We eventually escaped the paparazzi, confined in the safety of the car. I laid my head against the window, not wanting to let Sam see the tears in my eyes.

"I know you're crying," Sam began.

"She just wanted to get with me, and I played along because I didn't see anything wrong with it." Sam looked to me, waiting for an answer but when he saw he wasn't getting one, he continued.

"For a second I forgot I had a 'girlfriend'. I don't see why you're so upset. You're not really dating me."

"What she did didn't upset me, Sam! What she said about me did! I know that she called me fat when she whispered to you! Did you not see her face when I ordered a soda?" I could handle a sassy hater or two, but hate on me with words and I'll crash and burn.

"You're not fat, Regan. You can eat whatever you want and you'll never be fat to me." Sam rubbed my leg, but I jerked it from his hold.

"You don't understand how hard I've worked since someone first called me fat." I tripped over some of my words due to the sobs. Sam said nothing in return until we got to the house.

"This is totally off topic, but I heard you talking to Alex," Sam brought up. I heard him sigh and run his fingers through his hair. His voice was shaky as he carried out his next sentence.

"Umm, please tell me you're on the pill."