Chapter Fourteen - Friendzone

"Regan,"

I turned to face who had called me. Kinda wished I didn't.

"Hey, Jack." I smiled at the tall man.

"Did you talk to him yet?" he asked moving towards me. He took a seat beside me as Mahogany left to give us privacy.

"No, I'm not exactly thrilled about it all." I looked over at him. Jack ran his hands through his blonde hair.

(HAHA got ya suckers, y'all thought it was Gilinsky)

"Just please do, he's here, you know." Jack left abruptly, leaving the conversation in an awkward position.

I sigh and stand, going over the pros and cons of talking to Jack. Unfortunately, someone else made the decision for me.

Jack stood at the door in a muscle tanks and khaki shorts. The smirk he'd usually had was missing, and he had bags under his eyes.

I guess this whole thing affected him more than me.

"I know you're mad, but try to refrain from throwing something at me."

I shrugged at his comment, still taking in his appearance. He looked so sick.

"I'm sorry, I just really didn't want you to be with Sammy." He looked down playing with his feet.

I couldn't take him standing there, looking like a child who was just scolded. I ran to him and took him in my arms.

He was shocked, but hugged me back. He snuggled himself into my shoulder.

"I love you," he breathes on my neck.

The contact of our skin burns like a flame, but I can't do it.

"I love you too, bestfriend."

-
"Regann, you're breaking my heart. You're shaking my confidence daily," Sammy sang as he made breakfast the next day.

The day after I unwillingly friend zoned Jack.

Okay, I lied. I did willingly friend zone him but it was for the best for him.

Or the best for you,

"Sam, stop," I whined. He left the stove and took me by the hand, twirling me around the kitchen.

As I was spinning, I caught sight of something white outside.

"Sam, look! It's snowing!" I yell. He quickly grabs my waist, stopping me against his chest.

He was staring down intently at me, but I was too busy on trying to escape the house to play in the falling crystals.

Once I got outside, I was so happy. I'd never seen snow before, and this was a magical wonderland.

I was so happy that I forgot that it was only 30 degrees outside, so when Sammy brought my jacket out, I was more than thankful.

"Regan, you know that Thanksgiving is approaching.. and I wanted to know if you wanted to have Thanksgiving with my family?"

"What about my family?" I asked.

"No,"

"No what?"

"You aren't seeing your family for Thanksgiving."

What?

Ugh I don't like this chapter at all,
but whatever. happy thanksgiving everyone!