Chapter Sixteen - Solutions

"What do you mean I'm pregnant? I can't be pregnant. I'm on the pill, I can't be pregnant. Not now, not when I'm happy." I cried. I hid my face in my hands as Mahogany rubbed my back.

"Well, there are always other solutions if you are not ready for parenthood." The doctor hands me a slim brochure.

I stare at her in shock. I never said I didn't want it, I never said I wanted to abort it.

"I can't abort this baby. At least not without Sam's judgement. That would be my last option."

"I understand. Responsible adults who take the offer of abortion only did it because they knew there was no possible way they could provide for the child." ( All right, don't make a big fuss about abortion bc I literally don't want to block anyone for arguing. ITS A FICTIONAL BOOK. Tadaa! Carry on.)

"When are you gonna tell Sam?" Mahogany asked.

"Tell me what?"

My eyes snapped towards the door. Sam stood there, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed.

"Why did neither of you call me? I found out by watching tv, now what do you need to tell me?!" Sam was getting angry, the veins in his arms bulging.

"I-i.. I'm pregnant." I finally muttered. it felt like forever, but I dared to look at Sam's face.

He didn't say anything, his mouth hung wide open. I watched as he slowly ran his hands through his hair then turned around and walked out the room.

"So much for that," I sighed.

"It's okay, he's just shocked. He's only in his twenties." Mahogany whispered softly.

"Yeah, but I'm only eighteen! This wasn't supposed to happen. I'm going to lose my job," I yelled. This baby was so overwhelming.

My body shook as sobs left me in waves. A want figure took me into a hug, stroking my hair lightly. Gucci cologne. Sam.

"It's okay, we'll do this together."

-

"What do you mean you're pregnant!" Jack yelled. Since I was released from the hospital, Sam and I agreed on keeping this child. He just doesn't know what'll happen if my boss finds out.

That's to deal with in the future, but now I'm trying to get Jack to be this kid's godfather.

"Well Jack, when mommy and daddy play at night, daddy plants seeds in mommy so she can grow a baby!" I laughed. Jack rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I'm disappointed in you. And there is no fucking way on earth that I'll ever be the godfather to that piece of shit." Jack spat in my face before stomping from the house.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to myself, but mostly to my unborn baby. I didn't think he would love it, but at least he wouldn't do that.
-

okay finally, i finished. sorry for making you wait, i was sick, had midterms, and my grandmother is coming into town. I'll try to post again next week but in the meantime...

you get to name the baby! comment suggestions for a girl and a boy in the comments!