Chapter Nine - Rather Have Him

"Why are you such a bitch?!" Sam stood over me as he let out his rant.

Done with his bullshit, I raised my hand to slap him.

Bad idea.

In the midst of my attack, Sam caught my wrist. His hand tightened around it as his eyes grew dark.

It felt like a flash.

One second I was fighting with him, the next I was laid out across the floor, writhing in intense pain.

"Fucking brat!" Sam shouted down at me while I cried.

Sam left and I took the chance to get to my room.

Simple right?

Not exactly when you're sure you have a concussion and every tear causes your cheek to burn.

When I eventually got to my room, I scrambled to find my phone and called Jack.

"Hey," he answered. He sounded tired and depressed.

"I need you to come get me, Sam.."

"Sam what?"

I couldn't reply before crying again. I heard a car engine roar to life on the other side of the phone.

"I'm on my way, get ready."

Within ten minutes, I had packed myself a bag that would last me a few days.

"Regan!" Sam burst open my door, still angered.

He took notice of my packed bag, and stared up at me.

"Where are you going?" His voice became deep and his eyes went dark.

I was too scared to speak, my lips paralyzed.

"Regan!" He shouted at me once again. I started to shake as he came closer. I closed my eyes as his breaths could be felt on my face.

"Regan, baby. Why are you leaving me?" If his tone wasn't so obvious, you'd think he regretted his actions.

When I didn't respond, Sam's hand yanked my hair back, making me gasp. He forced a kiss upon my lips, pulling my bottom lip in between his teeth.

"Look at me." I slowly opened my eyes, staring at a smirking Sam.

"Suck daddy's dick, hmm baby?"

I shook my head no, which only made him angrier. He pulled me onto his lap, trapping my wrists in one hand, pulling my hair with the other.

"You never say no to me." He grazed his teeth along my neck, probably leaving long red lines.

"You're a bad girl. Suck daddy's cock like a slut."

"No." I said with confidence I didn't know I had.

Sam stood and pulled me by my hair to the bed, throwing me across it. He took his belt off, and tightened it around my wrists. He pulled some rope from a drawer and pulled my pants off before tying my ankles to the bed posts.

"Sam, untie me!" I screamed at him, but he ignored me as he pulled his shirt and pants off.

I knew where this was going, but I didn't want to face it. I just hoped that Jack would show up and save me.

Sam ran his hands along my bare thighs and left nibbles along the insides. I began to shake and tears welled up as I felt all hope leave me.

I closed my eyes, wishing this away, until the bedroom door flung ajar.

"Sam!" A furious Jack bounded towards Sam and threw him on his back. Jack didn't waste anytime and proceeded to let his fist collide with Sam's flushed face.

I eventually let the belt continue to burn my wrists, and I freed my hands. I quickly untied my ankles and dressed myself again.

Jack grabbed my bag and pulled me from the house into the car.

"Goddammit I should've told you," Jack sped away from the house, obviously stressed from the scene he walked in on.

I tried to avoid any type of conversation about before. I stared out the window watching the houses go by.

"Regan," Jack tore my eyes from the window as we pulled up to his house.

His eyes were watery, his face flushed. He looked at me with such pity.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I could have gotten to you sooner. If I showed up five minutes sooner, you wouldn't have been tied up on the bed." Jack looked down at his hands as he blamed himself for everything.

"Come on, let's just go to bed."

That night, we laid in Jack's bed under four covers, trying to keep each other warm. I was almost afraid that if I didn't keep Jack's hand in mine, I would suddenly be back at Sam's.

The next morning, I didn't wake in Jack's arms. I woke in his.

"Morning, beautiful."