Chapter 1

8 hours later the siren went.

'Every knight and patron, to the training ground'

was the message the siren meant. It was Thursday morning and in five minutes, about 30 males between the ages of 16-22 stood on the training ground wearing shorts. They knew the essence of the siren and what it meant to be late. Some could not afford an eviction from the posts they had.

Among the thirty males, about 10 had their future secured. In the pack, inheritance ruled over competency, that's how succession worked. Hence, every one whose parent was in the senior hierarchy, got to take over that position. The remaining 20 were confirmed knights with designated posts to train in the junior hierarchy.

There was a separate unit for the army and it was only for the seniors. The logic was they can't send the juniors (the senior's children) to the army because they'll die that's why they were made knights and patrons such that when a war or invasion happens, the knights and patrons protect their pack whilst the army fight.

Alpha J, the leader of the pack confidently walked and stood infront of the knights, his chin high and his presence commanding. He came with his council and they stood right behind as if ready to fight. That's the default energy they exuded.

Everyone felt intimidated and looked down. It was disrespect to have eye contact with the Alpha. His beta, Walre, stood on his right and the Commander, Jules, stood on his left.

It was intense.

Having them all at once was too much pressure for the young generation. No one dared to make a sound; to not stand out. Their breathing pattern was the same. One small mistake you would end up in the dungeon and it was believed no one came out alive. They heard about the horror stories, everyone knew how strict and unforgiving the senior council were. They never bend rules or give an exception, they were conservative and traditional to a T.

Commander's eyes looked at the front line and there his son stood, a solemn look on his face.

Fix your face right now if you don't want anyone finding out about your disgusting story.

He linked and Luke produced a blank face without looking up.

Luke was more noticeable because infront of him was bare, a position son of the alpha usually stood. Right in the center.

Luke, the commander in training stood on the left and Mild, son of Beta Walre on the right as the Beta in training. Behind them, Assa, Oket and River and then rest follows. But Mew was not there.

"Where is Mew?!!" The question boomed and it felt like a threat. It left cold chills in the weak. Most of them looked nervous and uncomfortable.  The Alpha smelled it but reacted not. Mild, the son of Walre, soon to be beta stepped forward his hands clasped behind, his head bowed, but before he could utter anything a large golden brown wolf strolled in lackadaisically and it came and sat right in front of the juniors.

Mild stepped back in formation.

The crowd wanted to murmur their questions of why Mew was showing up in his wolf but they waited for the authorized personnel to to do the questioning.

Why are you showing up like this?~

The Alpha linked to his son.

I want some air~

Suppasit, the wolf, linked back.

Suppasit is stubborn Alpha.~

Mew took over the communication.