Chapter 30

Gulf sat on the bed staring at nothing. It had been a few days since he came here and he still wasn't getting used to the silence around him. He hung out with Vin most of the time because communication was easier.  Canny came to say hi and bring him some food. Xav and his mate came to see him and go for a walk.

He had just returned from a walk with Xav when he took a shower and sat on the bed. He was depressed and he could feel it. There was nothing for him to do and he didn't know what to do.

Vin came early evening and saw Gulf sitting on the bed. He too knew Gulf's mental health was deteriorating each day.

Vin walked in and still, Gulf hadn't looked at him. He looked as if life had been sucked out of him. He blinked once every while and his eyes looked dry. He wasn't moving.

Vin carefully came in and went in the direction of Gulf's view. But still, Gulf reacted not. Vin approached him with a fluttering touch; still, Gulf didn't react.

Worried, Vin embraced Gulf in a soft hug and that's when Gulf snapped out of the haze.

"When did you come in?" He asked quietly naturally expecting to hear an answer but when he saw Vin wanting to come out of the hug he realized he was now deaf and Vin wanted to find somewhere to write.

"Don't go." He asked holding Vin back in the hug.

Vin held him gently and laid down on the bed together. He was holding Gulf protectively in his chest and Gulf broke down when he felt Vin's heartbeat. He began heaving with  no tears coming out. He felt like crying but no tears were coming out; his voice felt like it had been trapped on his throat.

Vin wanted him to come out of the cuddle so he can calm him down but Gulf wouldn't. He was embarrassed. He was feeling a lot of emotions.

Vin started humming hoping the vibrations of his voice could serve as comfort but it wasn't working. Gulf was right at the edge of the cliff. He was boiling with emotions. He was so angry at his existence.

Vin wanted him to cry instead. He wanted him to express his feelings because then he would know what to tell him. This was scary. Seeing him spaced out and now him acting like this was just worrying.

He roughly took a clingy Gulf out of his arms and held his face.

Still, he wouldn't look at Vin.

Vin thought of kissing him to get his attention but that was just a ridiculous thought. Linking him was out of the question so he waited. That's all he could do. Wait.

Sometimes that's all we need.

Time.

He looked at Gulf as he struggled and he was there with him.

He patted his back as  gently and after a while, Gulf looked at him. His eyes still dry.

"I am he-re for you." He mouthed and Gulf nodded in understanding.

"You want to tell me what's wrong?"

Gulf didn't understand because it was too long.

"What is wrong?" He asked slowly.

I don't know.~ Gulf linked. I feel like I'm going to die. I wanna be positive so bad, I wanna have a tiny drop of faith that someday it's going to be ok but I don't see it no matter how I think about it......this is not right Vin. Why did they do this to me? Why did they do this to my life? I never asked for any of this. I don't want this.~

"Trust me," Vin said pointing at himself. "I will make sure you'll be fine."

Can you take me home? ~