Chapter 25

Mew was in his house feeling like he had failed. He had hit rock bottom. He had never felt like this before so he didn't know how to get up.

From being a filial son to being a leader and to being a mate, he failed it all.

Mild came in dripping with sweat. "Leader, Luke is turning into a rogue."

Mew did not move.

Mild tilted his head, "wait, you knew?

Mew looked up worn out. He was exhausted. His shoulders were heavy.

"Your commander is turning into a rogue and you're here slumped as if it doesn't concern you."

"What do you want me to do?" Mew muttered not raising his head.

"Be the leader you are. Technically you're an alpha so play your role."

"What do you want me to do? Come out and get everyone killed?"

"Come out and protect your people Mew. That's what we want from you. Be a leader and be a good mate. You're making that human suffer when he didn't ask for all of this.

Mew sighed. "Luke's mate is Cannon and he moved to Bittè and I don't know how that happened or why. They met during the battle and now Lucas wants his mate. He wanted to go to Bittè and when the patrons stopped him, he killed them. Mew explained.

"We can make this right." There was a silent plea in Mild's voice.

"Help me Beta." Mew finally crumbled. "Please help me beta I don't know what to do."

"I'll go and talk to Luke." Mild suggested, "but What about Assa?"

"I don't know." Mew's head was foggy.

"She came to us wanting to tell us something about the baby. Could it be she knew who killed the baby?" Mild questioned.

"That's my guess too. And she got killed because of that." Mew could see it not.

"But why?" Mild questioned.

"I'm not sure either."

"Ok I'll go and talk to Luke and see what we can do for him." Mild said getting up to go.

"I'll look into Assa's death." Mew got up too

"We can do it Leader. You're more than capable."

"It's too much beta. Ever since he came...

"Don't be fooled by mere coincidence Mew. That human has nothing to do with all this. That boy is so pure hearted and I don't know how you can't see it." Mild was fan boying hard for Gulf. Like how can anyone not see how cute and innocent he was. "I'll go now." Mild excused himself and went to the dungeon.

It was guarded by the seniors and he was sure the senior council were deliberating on what to do with him.

"Luke," he said holding the bars of the gate.

Luke slowly got up but flopped right back on the floor.

"Come on buddy let me see you." Mild encouraged emotionally, pained at seeing his friend like this.

Luke tried again and got up from where he was sleeping. He was looking not so good. His eyes were orange refusing to change back to its original color.

"Luke." Mild called his heart constricting.

Luke came closer. "Please get me out of here." He whispered weakly.

"What happened?"

"I need to go to see Canny."

"You'll get killed the moment you step in their border Luke." Mild sadly reminded.