Chapter 12

3 more months later Gulf had become a prisoner and forgotten. Mew stopped going home at Becky's insistence. She wanted him all the time and it was understandable. The baby inside of her had alpha blood and was so clingy. Not seeing Mew made her emotional and sad and that was not good for the baby so Luna's administration asked Mew to be there whenever he was not working.

Gulf always called for Mild and sometimes Mild showed up with Luke. They would just sit down and chat. Mild was silly so Gulf giggled at his silliness. Luke was always scolding Mild and it was amusing to watch.

One day only Gulf and Mild were hanging out when Gulf said,

"Can I see your wolf?"

"Luna, I'll get in trouble if leader finds out."

It was not a problem for Mild because he hadn't found his mate. But this human was someone's mate.

"He doesn't come here anymore. It's been 3 weeks since he came here. He only came when I was sleeping and I saw his change of clothes the following morning. He has forgotten about me." The excuses Gulf was bringing up sounded like excuses to cheat.

"How can a mate forget his mate? Let alone leader?" That was impossible.

"I thought I knew what being a mate means but I'm not sure anymore. How is a mate supposed to be treated?" He asked curious.

"In your world, it's just like how you treat your lover. Have you ever had a relationship before?"

Gulf nodded. "I have."

"What was it like?" Mild asked.

"It was anything but this." He responded painfully. "Nothing like this."

Mild saw tears welling in Gulf's eyes and stood up. He shed off his top and pants and was left with underwear.

He shifted into a big grayish wolf and shook his fur. The wolf did a mini bow and Gulf smiled amazed. He hadn't interacted with a wolf this close. He had seen them through the window but never this close.

Gulf's hands went on Jinna's head and like a cat, he purred on the hand. He was so big. Gulf held his ears and ruffled his neck as if he were playing with a dog.

They got comfortable and Jinna became playful.
They began playing a game of touch me if you can and Jinna was running around the huge bedroom trying to dodge Gulf's hands.

Gulf genuinely let go and laughed out loud for the first time since he got in the pack. He was like a child again and it was heartwarming to see. Mild saw everything through Jinna's eyes and he thought Gulf was really a child. So innocent.

When they were done playing, they both sat down to catch their breath. Gulf fell asleep although he was sweaty. As soon as Mild noticed, he changed back and got dressed. He put him on the bed and as soon as he left he house, Luke was waiting for him outside.

"Beta!" He greeted.

"What's up?"

Mild had dodged some responsibilities so he could be with Gulf and Luke had come to join them after getting done with his duties.

"I came to see how he was doing and heard you guys playing around. Leader will not be pleased Beta." Luke reminded.

"I know." Mild agreed. "I know." He repeated, "but Luke you know him. You know how much sadnes he is harboring."

"I know." Luke admitted. "But Beta that's not your place to care about the sadness Luna is going through."

"Luke,"