Chapter 41

"No!!!! This is ridiculous. How can you even think about such a thing?" Alpha J slammed the file down on his table standing up.

"Dissolve the council? With what power? With whose permission?"

Mew watched the alpha blow up at his report.

"The council is what has been driving this pack since it was formed. They are the ones who has kept the pack together."

Mew listened to his father speak and for the first time he understood how Vin saw him. He saw himself in his father and how ridiciculius it looked.

"Are you not ashamed of what you're saying?" Mew asked.

"I command respect from you son!!"

"Father hear yourself speak. You're the alpha of this pack but what? The council has kept the pack together? Then what have you been doing? You take pride in what the council has done but I don't hear you gloat about your achievements and I don't want to be like you."

"Of course it was in my leadership."

"Are you even leading right now? All you've done is kill pack members and truth be told I haven't seen the pack members happy. I don't even know what happiness means."

Alpha J bit the inside of his lips. It was like a wake up call and he wasn't enjoying it.

"I want to be a better leader. No I want to be the best leader the juniors can have. I understand there's nothing I can do for the seniors because they have lived your own, that's why I'm respectfully asking you to let me lead my juniors so they can live theirs."

"You think they'll let you? I'll let you?"

"At this point I'm not seeking permission from you. I'm letting you know this is what's going to happen. So either you try to stop me or you join me. At the end of the day I'm going to be the alpha that the juniors need. So choose your side wisely."

Mew left and he was itching to get to Gulf. He was getting obsessed with him. His scent was like air for him. He needed it to breathe. But Mew knew if he went there he would only get scolding for over attachment and then leave Gulf crying because he wouldn't want to let go. Mew didn't know who was over attached at this point. That's why he went straight to the training grounds. He hadn't been to the training grounds for a while and he could feel the strained atmosphere building. Mild had gathered them after training.

Mew was surprised at the number of people who attended. "What happened?" He whispered to Mild.

"When I told them you wanted to talk to them they called everyone to be here. They are curious about what you have to say leader. Make it count."

Mew stepped forward and went into leader mode, his posture screaming authority.

"These past few months has been hard hasn't it?"
The training grounds remained quiet. "A lot has happened and I was partly at fault mostly hiding my mate and lying to the members I'm truly apologetic for all the mess I've caused. It was hard and I'm mated to a human male."

The juniors looked at around shocked. Not at the news but at the fact that the leader was announcing it loud and openly too.

"I know it must be shocking but I've decided to be stronger so that you guys can be stronger too. We have been living in fear because of the senior council and I would like them to stop meddling in out lives. We are creatures created for the forest. To be free from the suffocating human world but we have been robbed of that freedom by the senior councils and I would like it to stop. That's why I stand proud to announce that your Luna is a human and a male. So if you have your mate who is of the same sex, feel free to show it, feel free to mark them, feel free to be yourselves."