Chapter 18

Gulf was seated in the prison cell. His legs up against his chest, his hands wrapped around them, his head on his knees sleeping like that.

In front of him was a plate of food that had been swapped for the third time that day. He couldn't eat. He wouldn't eat.

It was probably his third day and he had not touched his food, he hadn't drank a drop of water. He was in distress. He hadn't seen the baby after it was taken from him right after his short conversation with Vin three days ago. He was worried and terrified.

Alpha Vin came in after receiving the report of Gulf starving himself.

"Heard you haven't been eating."

That woke Gulf up and he realized he was feeling numb and weak. He slowly looked up at the alpha as he came in the cell too.

"You have to eat your food." In his command, a hint of worry was present but Gulf did not move an inch.

He hadn't eaten for three days so it was about time his body start acting up. Alpha Vin's voice was too loud for him. He only stared ahead and saw Vin's lips moving. His eyes flattered close and he put his head back on his knees.

Vin sensed something was not right. Gulf's complexion was paler than usual. He wanted to take his temperature and the moment he touched Gulf to wake him up, the human fell on his side and the alpha had to bring him to the medical center. He told them he was a human and he was to receive emergency medical attention because he hadn't eaten in three days.

As soon as he was done giving instructions, he told his beta to update him on the recovery of the human.

He was determined to make him pay but seeing him like this just made his heart soft. That's why he summoned Canny so he could understand the situation. He needed to know how and why a human and a male human at that, got to become a Luna. And who did Mew have a baby with?

Canny came in Vin's office. "Alpha you summoned me?"

"Please take a seat." The alpha offered.

Canny took a seat.

"I witnessed you attacking an Oaklagen wolf but he was not fighting back. What was that about?"

Canny was free to share. "He is my mate." He smiled sadly.

"Get out of here." Vin gasped dramatically. He was a man of great reactions. "I would've dropped everything and mate him there and then  and forget about the war if I were in your shoes."

"Cannon wanted to do that too." Canny sadly confirmed with a chuckle.

"But..." Vin urged him to continue.

"I was just angry at him and his father. His father had planned to get us killed without getting blood on his hands and seeing him just reminded me of that day."

"I applaud your self control." Vin complimented.

"I'm really grateful to you alpha." Canny said earnestly.

"It's no problem. How do you intend to go forward? You can't stay here forever knowing your mate is alive somewhere. I bet Cannon won't let you stay here forever either."

"It's not like I can go back Alpha and he definitely won't come here for me." It was a sad situation.

"Because he is a commander?"

"Yes. And his father would get to the end of the world just to bring him back."

"That difficult?" Vin asked so caught up in the story.