Chapter 5

Luna turned to Mild. "Beta, Is this even viable?"

"It is possible Luna. But we have to be strategic about this." Mild agreed begrudgingly.

"Then I'll leave you to it. We are one week away from the lunar eclipse. Make sure the human doesn't die before then. You can only be in charge of this so make sure you come out of this alive. Don't feed your leader anything from today until the lunar eclipse. That way he won't have energy to attack but enough energy to mate. Understood?"

"Yes Luna." Mild responded and the Luna left.

"The problem is not with leader. The problem is with the human. He cannot be mated Luke." Mild doubted this plan. 

"I know. That's why we have to come up with a plan. Otherwise we are losing them both." Luke said sitting down.

They sat there racking their brains thinking of a plan.

Then Luke remembered something. "A fake!"

"What?" Mild's face said it all. The ridiculousness his partner was saying.

"We can use a fake." Luke repeated.

Mild shook his head exasperated, "Do you really want to save this human or not?" He wasn't sure anymore.

"Of course I want to save him."

"Then what happens if he marks the fake, the human will die with no question asked."

"Then we have to make sure he just marks his mate." Luke explained.

"So mate a fake and mark his mate?" Mild asked for clarity.

"You could make a song with that sentence." Luke jested but it was not time for that.

"That's a lot of work when  it's just us 2." Mild complained.

"I know. But we have to do it. Or do you see a solution out of this mess?"

"Who is going to agree to being mated on. This is a full ceremony." Mild pointed out.

The ceremony included sexual intercourse and knotting then seeding and marking. But they had to remove the marking part for the human.

Mild sighed just thinking about it. "How are we going to find a fake?" He asked.

Then Luke remembered something.

"Two weeks ago when I went to get human medicine, I came across two humans on no man's land, on the trails. They knocked on my truck but I just ignored them. They had a peculiar smell. I smelt the same smell on the human although the smell is now gone. Leader might pick up on that smell and recognize the scent."

"Was it a boy or a girl?"

"A girl." Luke answered.

"So you are right now suggesting we bring one more human to the pack even when our asses are being fried for having a human in the pack? A female human at that."

"Listen, let's not think about that. Luna told us to what we can and this is what we can."

"So how are you going to bring that human here?" Mild looked up at Luke for answers.

"That's a good question." Luke replied now knitting a plan to eat the human to come here.

"That's why you should've stopped when she stopped you." Mild blamed after a long silence.

"I stopped but I didn't talk to her. I say we do a stakeout in no man's land. She might come back." Luke said at last.

"It's been two weeks." Mild reminded.