Chapter 26

Happy Halloween 👻 🎃

A day later, Gulf's eyes fluttered open. He looked around and realized he was in the hospital. He touched his ears trying to unblock them but they were empty. Confused, he rubbed them aggressively but still he couldn't hear anything. He felt like he was under water although he was breathing just fine.

He looked around and saw a cup on the small cupboard next to his bed. He knocked it over and it fell but he registered no sound.

He slapped his ears hard but all he felt was pain.

He felt like he was trapped in a tight space. He felt his panic rising because he couldn't hear anything. He made noise but he could only register it internally. His ears were shut.

He hit them harder to open with  an overwhelming fear gripping his whole being but still they didn't open. He started shouting and some people came running to his room. They opened the door and tried to calm him down but he still couldn't hear them. Their mouths were clearly moving.  They were saying something but he couldn't hear them. 

"Louder, please speak louder I can't hear you," he begged still hitting his ears.

"Aaa," he repeatedly shouted, "aaaaaah" he kept on shouting violently hitting his ears.

He wanted to call someone to save him and the person he thought of was Vin. So he started callingVin. 

"VIN! ViN!" He called but Vin was not here. "Take me to him. Please." He thought staying there was going to kill him. How many time did he need to lay down unconscious in this pack. He thought if it continues the next time he won't be able to get up at all. So he needed Vin.

He was hysterical. He wasn't as week as they expected him to be for a person who just woke up from a surgery.

They tried to hold him down and stop him from putting more damage on his ears. But their hands were unpleasant on his body. He couldn't hear so his other senses heightened and they were making it harder.

"Leave me alone. Can you hear me? Don't touch me. Leave me alone." He cried screaming for them to stop.

The nurses should've thought ahead but all they could think of was getting him to calm down. They were grabbing him and Gulf felt revulsion. He heart was going crazy. He was scared. He was terrified. "Vin," he called out desparately

"Vin... Vin help me!!"

But Vin was not there. Mild came instead. He saw them trying to calm him down and he ordered them to stop.

He saw Gulf crying his eyes wide open, very conscious of his surroundings. As soon as they left him alone he hid in the hospital blanket and looked around worried that someone might pounce on him.  Since he couldn't hear he had to pay extra attention to them.

"Vin, Vin!" He anxiously called out wanting someone to save him from this hellhole.

Mild approached the bed waving his hand to get his attention. Gulf looked at him feeling betrayed. Mild saw the pain in his eyes and the endless tears told him Gulf was having a head time.

He mouthed his words to Gulf. "I'm here." He enunciated his words and spoke slowly for Gulf to understand but that only made Gulf feel pathetic.

He sobbed shaking his head. He wanted to hear again. Ever since he came here there was one thing after the other.  Being bedridden and close to death, his heart constantly hurting and now being deaf??? How much more should he endure?

He wanted Vin. Vin had promised him a comfortable life so he called out Vin's name desperately, he was feeling suffocated. He was sweating.  He was scared being in this pack.