Chapter 47

The following day, Mew called a meeting with the senior council. They again went to the hall instead of the chambers even if they loathed it.

"I thought you didn't need us anymore?" Alpha J asked.

"I have found a way to choose a commander and a second beta." Mew ignored his father and went on to say the agenda for the meeting.

Mild who was sitting there looking depressed swiftly turned to Mew. He wanted to question Mew but not when the seniors were present. Was he getting replaced? But he didn't ask right away. He didn't want starting an argument in front of the seniors.

"a commander is not chosen like that. It is a huge honor that is bestowed on a family and it stays in the family for generations. That is how you've always been a leader since you were young alpha!" The elder said.

There were unspoken words there. Even though Mew had short comings  he was always leader that's what the elder was implying. He stayed leader because the alpha spot was an inherited position. Now that he was casually mentioning choosing a commander and a beta, it did not comply with the traditions.

"I know youre concerned and I get where you're coming from. But I am choosing wolves that'll protct me and be in the warfront with me, I  am the most worried here."

"But still alpha, please reconsider." One of the elders requested.

"I am not only doing this for my benefit. I am doing this so the juniors can come out of the hell you've locked them in. They wont come out and embrace their different selves in fear of being judged."

"It is always going to be like that Mew." Mew's father chirped in.

"No its not supposed to be like this when their alpha is mated to a male Luna. Not when the beta is the Luna to Bitte." Mild flinched uncomfortably at that. "Its not supposed to be like this no. it wont be like this anymore."

"So what are you going to do? force them to become out?"

"Encourage them is what I'm going to do!"

"You mean bribe them with the commander and beta position?"

"If that's what it means to free them from the self prison they're in then yes im going to bribe them so they can become happy again."

"There's no guarantee that they'll become happy again Mew." The father complained.

"You don't know that."

"Mew..."

"What's the worst that could happen? They're not happy now they'll just continue not being happy. Its not like they are going to die."

The elder stopped questioning him. Mew was bent on doing this and he was not stopping anytime soon.

They discussed the bitte alliance and no man's land. Mew brought up remodelling the senior chambers to be a comfortable meeting place for everyone. They discussed Luna and how he was coming along with his pregnancy. It was a meeting that took a while and all this while Mild was just sitting there burning with anger.

Mew dismissed the elders and his father remained seated and Mild too,

"You've not come to see your mother for a while now and she is worried about you. The pack has been quiet and we don't know what's happening because the council does not meet anymore with the juniors. They wanted me to talk to you." He said calmly.

"I will visit mother soon."

"She wants Luna to come see her and  pay his dues to the Luna's administration.... Son you can't do this yourself. You're overwhelmed.