Chapter 13

"But she was in her second trimester?" Gulf couldn't believe it.

"Wolves develop faster than humans." Mild explained. "The trimesters are not only two months apart."

"Then it's not a trimester anymore." The intelligence in Gulf was talking. "Tri means three hence a trimester. If it's two it can't be called a trimester anymore." He enlightened.

Mild smiled. How can he be so cute when he is serious? He wondered.

"Then does that means I'm not going to see him ever again?" He asked.

"Don't talk like that." Mild felt sorry.

"I wanna go home."

"Luna you can't."

"Then do you suggest I stay here like this?"

"I'll talk to him."

"You should've done that a  long time Beta." He addressed his rank and Mild's heart warmed up.

"I will now," he promised.

"It's too late. I wanna leave. He has a son now. I'm sure there's nothing he wants from me now. He has a wife and a son. What else would he want from me? Please send me home Beta."

"Luna i know it's hard, but give him time. He's going through so much."

"And it's sad that I'm not part of that. I know I'm just a human. And a male human at that. There's nothing I can do and I feel pathetic as it is. Just send me home please."

"I'm sorry Luna. I can not do that. The moment you leave the pack grounds trust me you'll get killed."

"Am I not dying either way?" Loneliness was killing him internally.

"You have me." Mild consoled.

"It's not the same." Gulf shook his head. Mild didn't understand how a mate made you feel. He just didn't know.

Mild nodded in understanding.

It was 4 days later that Gulf went to see the baby. It was her mate's baby. Her best friend's baby.

The worst mistake of his life.

He arrived at Luna's house where he thought Becky was staying only to be told Becky and Mew had moved in their house.

He got directions to go to the new house.

He hadn't known that they got a house. Was that the reason why mew was not coming home anymore?

Gulf arrived just after Alpha came to see them. He was there at the door, his hand raised ready to knock but a burst of laughter from inside made him stop. He realized the window was open so he went and stood there next to the window to eavesdrop. The alpha and Mew didn't notice someone's presence out the door because they were having a delightful time watching the baby squirming around in the Alpha's arms. He looked proud.

The alpha looked at Mew then at Becky.

"I'm proud of you son, if you can keep this family and mate her I'll gladly step down and let you lead the whole pack."

"I could do it, father."

Mew replied and that was Gulf's cue to leave. He walked away then, ignoring the rest of the heartbreaking words his mate was spewing, mocking his presence as if he asked for this.

He felt betrayed. The pain he felt was tenfolds.
Despite the pain, he ran towards the woods, determined to leave this place. He was unwanted here. No one will look for him either way.