Chapter 14

The search party started against the alpha's wishes. Mew, Mild and Luke searched around the village but Gulf was no where to be seen. Mild and Luke asked patrons if they had seen anyone roaming in the woods but they hadn't. No one had seen anything.

Luke went to the trails hoping to catch a whiff of Gulf's scent but there was nothing. Mild was getting scared.

A day passed and still there was no news.

Another day passed. 

Still nothing.

The reason they couldn't found Gulf was because Guld had been found just in no man's land passed out.

He had been walking for a long time and he got tired.

He woke up to a wet towel on his head.

"Wakey wakey," Gulf woke up to the warmest smile he'd ever seen.

He never understood why people referred to other people as 'my sunshine' but he understood now. This man had dimples when he smiled. His perfectly white teeth smiled so genuinely that Gulf  was being suffocated by the kindness radiating from this stranger.

"It's good to see you awake cutie," he said taking the towel off his forehead.

Gulf would have flirted right back except he was still wondering where he was and what he was doing in this angel's presence.

"You're ok." The  man assured. "You're safe. My name is Vin." He did a thing with his cheeks and dimples popped out. Gulf was gone. The man  was a charmer.

"What were you doing in the woods? You know it's not safe to be in there all by yourself, right?Humans are precious, your life is precious you should treasure it." He finished with a smile.

"Are you a a wolf?" Gulf questioned a bit wary.

Vin was startled in a cute way that Gulf giggled.

"How did you know? How do you know?" He asked in exaggerated shock as if he were talking to a child.

"I was in Oaklagen and I'm guessing this is a different pack."

Vin's mood changed and Gulf noticed. He looked upset.

"Didn't know those bastards are capturing humans now." He muttered, "That's so unexpected." He tilted his head feeling something was off. "But you don't have any scent on you." Vin finished with a frown.

Gulf smiled.

"Did you run Away?" Vin asked.

Gulf nodded sheepishly.

"Good job." Vin praised. "The way they treat people and wolves in Oaklagen is just inhuman."

"I know right." Gulf unconsciously agreed.

"And the alpha? That man is a prick!" Vin cursed badmouthing the villain and Gulf couldn't agree more.

"Took the words right out of my mouth. Imagine he discussed how to kill me right in front of me."

With a dramatic gasp Vin said', "No he didn't."

"Did too. I was like I'm right here you know."
Gulf felt like he was talking to Becky. He felt so comfortable.

"I would have gone in his face and do more. I'm a drama queen." Vin laughed.

"He still wouldn't  care. His arrogance is going to get worse now that he has a grandchild."

"No way," this was genuine shock.

"Yes way."

"He has a what?" Vin was clearly surprised.