Chapter 27

"If he denounces me then I'll turn into a rogue Don't act like you don't know that Beta."

"I just feel sorry for him leader."

"And I do too. That's why we are doing this right? So he can be a Luna to our pack."

Mild grumbled.

"But beta, should I be worried?" Mew asked concerned by the amount of attention Mild paid to Gulf.

"That is why your link is not working because of lack of trust. How could you question your beta like that?"

"It's off-putting."

"He is a human before he is my Luna. And this is just too much for a human to bear. Even you're having a hard time and you're the next in line. Imagine how he must be feeling away from home among strange creatures; went through a near death experience and now he has lost his hearing. Leader that's too much for him."

Mew knew what Mild was saying. He understood what he was saying but letting his mate go was one thing he was not willing to do.

"I'll work harder. I'll go to see him tonight and calm him down."

"Calm him down?" Mild scoffed. "Apologizing is what you need to do leader not calm him down. He has every right to not calm down but he has a right to a proper apology."

Just then a knock sounded at the door before Mew could respond to the scolding. Mild went and opened the door. A figure ran into the house straight to Mew.

It was after the figure was wrapped around Mew and started bawling that Mild noticed it was Becky.

"I miss him. I can't stop thinking about our son. I'm dreaming of him everyday. I don't know what to do." She wept loudly in Mew's arms trying to find comfort.

Mew missed his son too. So unconsciously he hugged Becky back because they were feeling the same thing. It was a feeling only parents could understand. He felt guilty towards her. She was a human too and she was suffering. She just lost her baby and she wanted comfort. So he comforted her and Mild stared at them displeased.

Mew looked at Mild not caring about what he might think. They stared at each other and Mild shook his head disappointed.

"Can I stay here tonight?" Becky asked between crying.

Mew didn't answer and his silence was taken as an agreement.

Mild just left.

But Mew couldn't do anything. To him, Becky was just as unfortunate as Gulf. They were both humans and Becky have had worse. Losing a child was not easy. He was a parent too so he understood what she was going through.

He went to the hospital to see Gulf but Gulf was not there. He asked the nurses and no one had seen him leave. He had sneaked out and it was expected.

If he was not in the hospital then he should've been at Mew's house. But right now Becky and Mew were there so Gulf couldn't have gone there.  Even without Becky there, he couldn't have gone there.

Mild looked around the village. He looked all night but Gulf was no where to be found. He wasn't scared, he was just worried. He went to the southern border.

He saw the patrons there and approached Gon, the one in charge of patrolling the border.

"Beta!" He greeted.

"Has anyone gone outside the border today?"

"Yes," he answered confidently, "Luna."

"Luna went out of the border?" Mild was confused by his answer.