Chapter 45

Yes it was a beginning for Gulf but it was never going to be easy. No one stood up to declare their sexuality.

Not even Mild.

They had gone from being executed for homosexuality to being able to be a homosexual in a short period of time. It felt like a trap. It was too soon to be open about themselves so they hid some more. It was not safe yet. And Gulf understood.

"It's ok." He stood up again after no one stood up. "Will be having another meeting like this and I know most of you won't be there. But I'll be waiting. Every Friday evening, we can meet at the Junior's hall. Anyone who wishes to join feel free to come."

Mew stood up after Gulf and greeted the crowd.

"today we have finalized our Bittè alliance. Bittè will soon open their borders to those who wish to visit or go there to live or in search of their mates whether male or female. Do we have any questions, query? Contributions or suggestions?"

Mew asked and the crowd was surprised.

Query?

Query against who?
Suggestions to who?

The type of communication they were used to was one way. They get instructions and follow them to a T. That's how it was with Alpha J so this was new too.

No one stood up.

"Feel free to let me know whenever you think of something." Mew finished and took his Luna away.

A new wave of uncertainty started engulfing the pack. The juniors were scared of change and the seniors were terrified of it. It was a drastic change and they were not well prepared for it. So for weeks, no one showed up at Gulf's Friday meetings. Not even Mild. Gulf would be tired from vomiting but he made sure he was there in the hall and still not a single soul showed up.

And no one questioned Mew's words or suggested any additions and the alpha and his Luna were becoming frustrated. This was not the change Mew wanted. It felt like the members were withdrawing even more. Mew's link was actively working but no one dared to link him.

At the training ground, Mew could feel the estranged atmosphere from none other than the juniors. With the seniors it was worse. Their weekly meeting was so tense and it had Mew tired. His guard was always up. What if they revolt against him. What if they team against him? He was always thinking about an escape and saving Gulf every minute he encountered the pack members.

"What should we do?" Gulf asked his other half, his belly slightly protruding after 6 more weeks of being pregnant

"Let's go for a walk?" Mew asked instead wanting to get some air.

Gulf nodded and they started out. It was chilly and Mew had grabbed another jacket for Gulf.

"It's going not going to be easy." Mew said his hand holding tight Gulf's. "It's a huge change for them and to ask them to jump into it, is cruel. I'm not going to push them but I'm going to show them that it's ok to be scared and it's ok to try new things too."

"How are you going to show them?" Gulf asked curious.

Mew looked at Gulf and smiled, "Just walking like this. Holding your hand and seeing you pregnant, they'll see how beautiful it is and they'll want what we have. And they'll get courage." Mew replied simply.

"What if they never get the courage?"

"Then maybe a little push?"

They both smiled and looked away at the same time. Mew caught a glimpse of Mild but Gulf caught a glimpse of something else.