Chapter 16

Gulf had been selfish.

He had used an excuse of saving his pack to return to Oaklagen but when he did return, the fear of losing  Mew again had him keeping his silence. He was asked where he had gone but he refused to say it. That Bittè had saved him and returned him home, he didn't say a word.

He still should have told Mew some time after his return, because he had told Vin about the baby. Vin knew the wolf traditions were familiar across all packs; how they celebrate a new alpha blood just 60 days after their birth.

However Gulf only basked in Mew's attention.  As a mate who had gone missing for a few days, Mew didn't leave Gulf's side for one bit and that was upsetting to Becky. Their relations went downhill even more because of that. It went even down-downhill with Alpha J because Mew was abandoning his family.

The relationship with Mew improved a whole lot. They were still awkward but Mew came home everyday. He slept in the same bed with Gulf and hugged him throughout the night. Sometimes Suppasit would come out snuggle with Gulf and lick the mark on his mate.

The pain in Gulf's heart lessened and all that was left was satisfaction. That's why everyday he got reluctant to tell Mew the truth.  And as the time went by, the Bittè experience became the past.

As expected, Alpha J and the senior council had called for the ceremony just as the tradition stated.

Sixty days was going to be up in a few days and the preparations started.

On the day of the ceremony, it was the day before the full moon at night. The senior wolves guided the borders whilst everyone gathered at the ceremony grounds.

Gulf as the Luna went out in front of the crowd for the first time. Everyone was there and the patrons who had seen him return and heard Mild calling him Luna speculated among themselves pointing fingers at him as he walked next to Mild.

The council was seated on the right and the crowd on the left. Mild, Luke and Gulf went and sat in front of the crowd to have a clear view of the ceremony.

Then Mew and Becky with the child sat in front of the council. An old looking man from the council's side came and took the baby.

The ceremony commenced.

The senior council took turns holding the baby and chanting some words. They raised the child toward the moon and and then towards the alpha and then towards the rest of the council members.

It went on and on and on.

Then suddenly,

Alpha J stood up after receiving a link.

"Invaders," he shouted and a commotion started.

Everyone was at the ceremony and it was going to be hard to protect all of them.

Luke shouted, "all patrons take your positions."

Now patrons had to get the children and lead them to safety then women too.

With each passing second, the invaders neared the place where the ceremony was being held.

Mew's priority was Becky and the baby so he went to get them to safety. Mild's priority was Gulf and getting him to the basement of mew's house.

It happened very quickly as they were running to safety, a large Black wolf came bursting out of no where and was heading towards Mew.

Mew sensed it and gave his son to Becky then shifted to fight the black wolf.

It was chaos.

Luke came and took the baby from Becky and started leading her towards safety. Just then infront of him, a familiar wolf stood ready to attack. In the midst of war he wasn't expecting his wolf to shout Mate!!!