Chapter 4

"Hello mae....Gulf is not back home? Still?"

The lady on the other phone let out a strained cry. "What happened? You said he'll be back?"

"We're not sure what happened either. We went to the woods to collect some samples and next thing you know we're on the roadside passed out. No one remembers anything and we were really scared of going back in the forest. We thought Gulf came home first."

"It's been twenty four hours and we've reported to the police a case of missing person. Please if you find anything don't hesitate to tell them."

"I will look for him for the last time and if I don't find him I'll definitely be going to the police to tell them what happened. I just want to be sure he's not hiding somewhere."

"Thank you, Becky. I'm glad he has you as a best friend."

"We'll find him Mae I promise."

Becky ended the call and sighed feeling a head ache whenever she tried thinking about what happened that night.

She looked at the camera and started perusing through the pictures they took that day. Gulf was smiling and posing with different flowers. They've been Bestfriends ever since they started high school. Gulf couldn't have gone anywhere without telling her. Or him.

She dialed his number, "Tony," she said as soon as someone picked up.

"Becky, is he back yet?"

"He is not back yet what should we do?"

"What about his phone?"

"I have his phone, remember."

"Should we report it to the police?"

"I just talked to his mother; she's crying Tony. She reported him missing."

"Then should we go and check again at the woods?"

"You think we left him behind?"

"There's no harm in checking."

"I agree."

Tony and Becky arranged to go back to the woods. They used Tony's car. You see these friends bonded because they came from well off families. Families that were respected in the community.

They drove to the woods Sunday morning, tracing the path they used that day. They parked on the side of the road.

They got out of the car and started their journey in the woods.

It felt like they were under a spell. They kept on using the same path over and over again. No matter how many time they turned, they ended up at the same spot again and again. It took them about five tries to give up. They came out of the woods tired and hungry.

Just then, an open truck passed by and Becky stepped infront of it.

"Excuse me," she said going to the side of the window. The young man in the truck did not open the window. She knocked on the window asking him to lower it but the man in the truck refused to look at her. Just when Becky looked at Tony to ask him what to do, the truck drove away.

Tony and Becky were left shook.  It didn't feel good to be there any more, so they left right away.

When it was more than 36  hours of Gulf's disappearance, Gulf's father printed some missing posters with pictures of him and had people to plaster them around the town. A tempting reward printed at the bottom.

Back at Oaklagen, The alpha and the Luna opened the basement and went in. To their surprise the two mates were unconscious but the human seemed worse than their son.