Chapter 42

"What did you do?" Mild whispered without moving his lips.

"I walked away when he called me poop." Mew whispered back.

"I told you to beg always! Always!" Mild aggressively scolded without moving.

"I don't know what came over me." Mew knew he was going to regret it. He didn't know it would be this soon.

Mild pushed Mew forward and the leader stumbled infront of the room, his shoes making sounds in the room and everyone looked at him. Mild wasn't about to clean up after this mess. He always did.

Mew cleared his throat and approached Gulf but Gulf flopped himself on the ground like a pup and cried harder.

"What's that smell?" The seniors started asking each other surprised the smell was getting stronger with each minute. It did not help that Gulf was standing at the entrance so the wind carried his scent in the room. It was alluring to the point that it was giving them a headache.

They all watched, their nose scrunched as Mew approached the wailing Luna.

"Hey hey," Mew tried touching Gulf but Gilf swatted his hands away from him.

He got up and went to Mild.  Mild was whispering under his breath, "Don't! don't come here! Pleaaaase Pleaaaase," but Gulf ended up standing in front of him.

Mild embraced Gulf with an amused smile on his face. He led the pregnant male to a bench and he tried to calm him down.

"I promise I'll deal with him later." Mild started trying to solve the situation right away.

"You will?" Gulf was endlessly sniffing from the runny nose.

"Yes I will. What did he do?" Mild gently enquirers.

"He ignored me," more tears came out but Gulf continued, "and left me because I told him he wasn't smelling nice." More tears, "You know how my nose is sensitive."

"I do." Mild agreed for the sake of calming him down, wiping the tears from his cheeks.

"But he made a show and walked away as if I insulted him or something when I just pointed out he needed a shower." Gulf finished deeply feeling wronged.

Mild cooed in sympathy. "I totally understand what you're saying and I'm certain he was 100 percent wrong for walking away instead of asking for forgiveness."

"Right?" The tears stopped finally.

"Yes. I'll deal with him Luna I promise but first can we deal with the council first? They're waiting."

"Oh," Gulf said loudly not caring that they could hear him. It was like he was noticing for the first time that they were present.

"What are you guys talking about?" He questioned casually putting his leg on top of another, Mew forgotten and his tears too.

"Uhhh Luna," Mild called hesitantly and Gulf turned to him with his eyes dry. Twinkling with sudden interest.

"Excuse me." The elder called seeing the seniors tired of holding their noses. The scent was overwhelming to them.

"Is someone pregnant?" The elder asked troubled that he could not see a female nearby.

"I am pregnant." Gulf announced loudly. "Apparently." Gulf added sassily.

The seniors broke out with murmurs,  questioning the logic of what the Luna had said.

"With all due respect Luna, you're a male." One old man pointed out.