Chapter 36

Mew could only nod. He couldn't stop Mild from going to see his mate. It was certain that Vin was the mate. He looked composed on the outside but internally Mew was panicking.

Yes he had his Luna by his side but it felt like it was at the expense of his commander and Beta. With Gulf in the hospital, Mew had no one to talk to concerning his worries. He went to his father worried.

His father saw Mew's expression and knew things were getting tough for him.

"Take a seat," he offered and Mew sat down with a sigh.

"Father,"

Alpha J knew this was personal. So he tried listening with a father's ear.

"It's difficult isn't it?" He said and Mew nodded. It had been a roller coaster of events and it seemed they were not stopping any time soon.

"Beta found his mate." Mew announced.

"It's good news isn't it?"

Mew couldn't answer. "I don't know whether it's good news or not."

"Why?"

"His mate is in Bittè!"

Alpha J shut his eyes with disappointment.

"Son, I know you don't wanna hear this but your mate brought about all this calamity."

"Father, I didn't come here for this. I-

-I know it's too late and there's nothing I can do but had you heeded my advice from the beginning you wouldn't be this stressed and lonely. Where is he?"

"Pack hospital."

"He's a weakling too."

"Father,"

"If your beta goes what are you going to do? You'll be left with no commander and no beta. Mew you can't survive without your right hand man."

"I know. I know."

"So what are you thinking? If you're about to say merging packs that's never going to happen."

"That could work though."

"Are you ready to give up your title as an alpha to Vin?"

"Never!"

"And I'm sure he is not ready to give up his title just because you lost some members to his pack. Two alphas can never survive in the same pack. I'm sure you know that."

"Alpha, what should I do?" This was no longer a father son talk. This was a leader asking for advice from him alpha.

"Let's talk to the members of the council on this matter and see what we can do."

They sat there silent, Mew basking in the presence of his father.

About five minutes of not talking, Luna walked in and saw her son.

"Aaaaw my pup," she cooed her arms wide open,

Alpha J rolled his eyes at his wife babying a grown up wolf. Mew turned around and stood up with a soft smile. He was embraced by his mother in a warm hug and they rocked side to side for a while. It was what he needed sometimes. It was what he needed in that instant.

"I don't know what's going on but you'll find a way. I know you will." The mother comforted when she felt the distress from her son.

"Thanks ma."

"Where's junior Luna?" She asked pulling Mew out of her arms.

"I'll go see him now, he was not doing well so I left him at the hospital."