CHAPTER-32 CELEBRATION

FLASHBACK

Riyad signed an important project and could hardly make time for hoor.Their conversation was restricted to good morning and good evening.When Qudsiya asked her son about the sudden rift between the couple,Riyad reasoned his upcoming project as an excuse to not talk to hoor whereas hoor had her final semester exams in the same month and her mother in law did not favor disturbing her about the sudden pause in their relationship.

They both were sorrowful about the way they behaved and regretted it.A small sorry could have solved the issue but sometimes we get so distant from our loved ones that it looks like crossing river nile to get back to them.

It was past midnight when Riyad arrived with exhaustion washed over his face..He thought to climb the stairs,jog into the room and fall on the bed to welcome the precious sleep which he couldn't enjoy since last two days.Instead, he choose to lie on the couch present in the living room.

A fresh aroma of butter chicken and some parothas hit his nostrils and his stomach grumbled.Subconsiously,he approached the dining area only to find his favorite dish which smelled like heaven and without any trouble he devoured into the dish.

Hoor standing across the kitchen platform chuckled seeing him eat like a hungry lion.But his innocent expression reminded her of cute rabbit.She grinned widely as he moaned in satisfaction.

"I was seriously craving this butter chicken.No one can cook better than you,you are the best cook Mom"he spoke out and hoor face fell in dismay.She was keenly preparing the recipe since 2 hours and her husband had to spoil her excitement in this way.

"I know I m being stupid but where are your hands ma,let me kiss them because your dish is worth it "he laughed thinking about his mother's reaction.

"Then these are the hands you are suppose to bestow your appreciation upon!"Maheen came out of nowhere pulling hoors hand and bringing it in front of Riyad.

Riyad was baffled to find his wife dressed in olive green saree as she looked uncontemplatingly beautiful.For a minute he was lost in her thats when his sister has to shake him.

"Daydreaming bhai?"she shouted and smiled cheekily

"I was...ehh"Riyad couldn't give a proper answer as Maheen continued

"The chicken was made by my dearest bhabhi who has been working non stop since hours just to please you but...."she left the dining area mumbling something which was unheared by him.

"Just one week Riyad and you forgot the taste of my hands"Hoor uttered shooting glares towards Riyad

"But you were learning to cook then but this butter chicken tastes on another level..How?"he complaint

"Because I cooked it with all my heart Riyad and I made mom taste at regular intervals of putting spices in the pot"

"Do you have any idea how many marathon I ran from kitchen to moms room just to make sure the dish comes out perfect.."

"Just for you and you...."she ran to the room with tears flowing down her cheeks

"Oh no!What have I done!How should I correct this?"Riyad panicked and ran after her.

........

Hoor was heartbroken at the situation.A small thumps up was enough to satisfy her pure heart but disappointingly her husband failed in the least expectations.

As she recalled their last fight about Anissa,Riyad had stopped talking and would not even take a glance at her.She would get notified through his PA about busy schedule which included night shifts.He was more often seen at office rather than his home and hoor got a feeling that Riyad was doing it intentionally.