CHAPTER-34 RESIGNATION

PAST

Riyad was wide awake at the sound of fajr azaan.His hand ruffled through the soft fabric of hoors pillow as he found the otherside of bed empty.Its been five days since hoor left for her house and to say that he was missing hoor would be an understatement.His day and nights had been hell because of the absence of hoor.

He could no longer find his essentials before going to office.The position of watch,tie,wallet even his pen was changed making him frustrated every morning.He badly missed those welcome hugs bestowed by his dear wife.

He convinced himself that he would figure out everything instead of calling hoor to get information about his belongings.The other day,he spent an hour searching for his blue file and later Maheen helped him out.

"The whole room looks like a trash bhai!"Maheen exclaimed watching the stack of clothes scattered on the bed.

"Just help me with the blue file,"He screamed ignoring her remark.

"I wonder how bhabhi manages with you"she said and before he could respond she gave him the blue file.

"Finally!,where did you get it?"he asked baffled

"Magic"she exclaimed dramatically moving hands in air.

Make sure to clean it before I "return"Riyad ordered before leaving while Maheen screamed no but later cleaned it.

He was often distracted and couldn't concentrate during the conversation with the clients.His mind forced him to recall the lovely moments spent with his wife in span one month.He never realized but her touch was actually a boon to his stress.He was addicted to her smile,her hugs and gentleness in her tone.

"Where's the freaking clause which I asked you to put in the midterm?"Riyad shouted angrily at his employee

"Sorry sir,I..."

"No excues,get the thing done quickly and perform the editing without a single mistake."he warned the man

"Woahhh!...What up with you being angry on this blessed morning?"Arshad paved way and sat opposite to his friend on the lavish couch.

"Yes..Blessed for you and freaking hell for me!"he said making Arshad chuckle

"Why are those toxic words overflowing from your mouth?"he asked

"All of my belongings are misplaced.Everything is disturbed and I couldn't have breakfast because of this damn blue file"he finally revealed his frustration clping the file on desk

"Hmm..Thts a deep issue"uttered Arshad mocking his friend

"Shut up bro,You have to find a way to resolve this issue or else"Riyad ordered him

"Chill buddy and I don't possess the energy to waste on solving your problems because the solutions lies only with one person."He said

"Who?"he asks curiously

"Hoor"He says before leaving the cabin.

Riyad thouhht he would definitely meet her after completion of today's work.He took some red roses to surprise her and convey his sorry for ignoring her.But only his heart knew the number of times he missed his wife.He entered hoors mama's house because it was where she lived after death of her parents.

He ranged the bell and sheema welcomed him cheerfully into the living room and described the sadness of her sibling.Hoor arrived dresses in plain kurti and he immediately stood up offering her beautiful roses.Her heart sung beautiful poems witnessing the love of her husband but she kept her expression timid to annoy him.