CHAPTER-38 FAMILY VACATION

FLASHBACK

Maheen abrubtly took a seat beside Hoor who was munching on some biscuits while Qudsiya sat calmly opposite to creme couch enjoying her evening tea.Hoor chuckled watching Maheen ramble the same sentence which was beginning to irritate her mother in law.

"Mama please talk to bhai..Just initiate the topic and I will convince him"pleaded maheen for the nth time but Qudsiya shook her head

"Beta I know you are desperate but we can't go on family vacation as you are well aware of the work load of Riyad."uttered Qudsiya and moved to the kitchen.

"Uff no one listens to me in this house"she cried looking away and her gaze landed on hoor who gave an apologetic smile.

"All I m asking is a week of family vacation where we would spend time and make unforgettable memories."she expressed her desire.

"A week?"hoor asked quiet sure that Riyad would never agree on this because he has taken up a new project which required his presence even after office hours.He was absent for three nights in a row and would arrive before sunrise making the family anxious for his health.

"In a situation like this I can't help you maheen"hoor mumbled

"Can we go out for a day atleast?"she whispered and hoor wished to ball her eyes out at the naive girl who never understood Riyads hectic schedule.She couldn't blame Maheen either because her holidays were coming to end by this week and poor girl just desired a family outing.

"Let's see!"she spoke out and Maheen jumped off the couch and hugged hoor taking her by surprise.

"Let me take a yes from your brother atleast and then you can celebrate"she said indicating the little celebration of the girl

"I know you will convince him"she squeals

"How are you so sure?"Hoor asks folding her hands

"I m sure because...."Maheen suddenly came closer to hoor

"...I know my brother can never say 'no' to you"she whispered making hoor blush before kissing her cheek and running away

"Stupid girl!"Hoor mumbled under her breath.

Riyad entered the living room only to witness his sister bestowing affection upon his beloved wife.It was weird to become jealous of his own sibling while noticing her growing attachment towards hoor because hoor and maheen were the duo who were not to be messed with.

He remembered one of a time when Maheen literally left him speechless with one of her comebacks while Riyad was merely teasing his sister and he was sure that it was hoors companionship which has transformed his timid sister into quirky and witty one.

Riyad watched her clinging to Hoor and the next second Maheen kissed his wifes cheek..Though it was friendly peck between the girls but Riyad immediately scowled unapproving this act of his childish sister.He believed he was the sole person who posessed complete rights to love her,kiss her and hug her as hoor is his wife belonged to him.He immediately yet softly tugged Hoors arm and pulled her into their room as Hoor displayed a look of confusion.

"Riyad what is wrong?"she says looking at his grip on her hand

"Can I hug you?"he asks desperately making her eyes widen as he let go of her arm.

"Umm..yes but why..."her sentence was left incomplete as Riyad engulfed his arms around her making her squeal in surprise.Her shouhar was getting weirder day by day,she thought.

After a while she tapped his biceps which were bulging out of the crisp white shirt covered by the grey waistcoat and he reluctantly ended the hug with deep kiss on her rosy cheek.Hoor understood his action was actually the reaction for Maheens kiss.