Chapter 7

Dedication to palestinianangel because she's my bae. 🌸

"Mate, wake up." Michael was shaken awake. He opened one of his eyes but instantly closed it again when the bright light shining through the window blinded him. He raised his hand to his forehead and groaned.

"Your phone wouldn't stop ringing and it was pissing me off." A guy Michael recognised to be Tony from his Gym class, said. Tony tossed the phone onto Michael's lap as he rubbed his eyes.

"Well, get the fuck out of my house then." Michael retorted, obviously still in his drunken state. He looked around his living room from his seat on the couch and saw that there were still a few people passed out.

"Alright, calm down." He raised his hands in defence. "Are you gonna check your phone? It's been ringing all night." Tony recommended before walking away. As soon as Michael unlocked his phone he heard the door slam, causing some of the sleeping people in his house to stir. Michael went into his messages and his breath caught in his throat at how many messages he got. And not in the good way. He only had to see how many missed calls he had and read a few messages before he could feel the colour drain from his face and his blood run cold.

[From: Luke]

Ashton's in the hospital. We had a car accident. Im fine but you and Cal should come see him as soon as you can.

Michael jumped from his seat and bolted towards the stairs, almost tripping over people in the process. He climbed the stairs, two at a time and started opening all of the doors to the bedrooms checking to see if Calum was in there. He was much too wasted to go home last night so he suspected that he would still be in one of the rooms somewhere. He opened up his bedroom door and peaked inside. Relief flooded through him when he saw Calum passed out on the bed. Not because he was passed out, but simply because he found him. Michael walked in and kicked Calum's leg that was hanging off the side of the bed and when he got no response he walked around the side of the bed and lightly smacked him on his cheek. He began to get frustrated when he still didn't respond so he slapped him straight across the face and sighed when his eyes shot open.

Before Calum had a chance to speak, Michael was already pulling Calum off of the bed and dragging him towards the door. The raven haired boy squirmed and tried to pull himself free from Michael's tight grip, but it only caused Michael to hold his wrist even tighter.

"Michael, what's going on?" Calum asked worriedly, as Michael dragged him down the stairs. Calum was beginning to feel anxious from Michael's strange behaviour. When he didn't answer, Calum ripped his arm out of Michael's grip, making him spin around and look at him with a weary expression.

"Calum, seriously. We don't have time-" As he went to reach for Calum's hand again, he slapped it away.

"Time for what? I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what the fuck is going on!" Calum shouted.

"Ashton is in the fucking hospital! Him and Luke were in a car accident last night." Calum could feel tears already forming in his eyes as he stumbled back and gripped the wall for support. Hearing that his best friend was in a car accident, shattered him.

"I don't know what you're doing but I'm going to see him." All of Calum's sadness soon vanished and was replaced by hatred and anger towards Luke. He could have killed Ashton. Calum walked past Michael, bumping shoulders with him and rushed towards the car. Michael sighed and grabbed the car keys and made his way outside, locking the door behind him. He was aware that there were still people inside but he honestly couldn't care at the minute. He got into the drivers seat and turned on the ignition before reversing out of the driveway.