Chapter 26

Luke didn't really sleep much last night, and it wasn't just because of Calum's snoring. He'd been thinking a lot and decided that it's probably about time he went home, even if he didn't stay at Calum's for as long as he planned. He just felt like he was intruding, although Calum assured him it was fine and his family liked having him there.

If Luke was being honest, he missed his Mum very much. Even though she acted as if nothing else mattered except the house, she still brought him into this world and he needed to be thankful for that. Luke's life hasn't been all sunshines and rainbows, to be honest, he never imagined his life to be this tough.

And the blonde certainly didn't know what the future held for him, and that was a scary thought as well as exciting. He always told himself, it doesn't matter where I end up as long as I'm with someone I love. He really thought that person was going to be Ashton. Luke couldn't imagine himself being with anyone else other than him. And frankly, he didn't want to.

If Luke couldn't have Ashton, he couldn't have anyone.

People probably thought that's a stupid thing to think, but Luke didn't. He loved Ashton and always would. But, obviously things don't always work out the way people want them too. Hell, nothing usually goes Luke's way. Come to think of it, there was never really a time he's gotten what he wanted. That was life.

When Luke couldn't sleep last night, he got his stuff for his scrapbook and actually stayed up for half the night to finish it. He planned on giving it to Ashton today, as well as telling him where he was a few days ago. Even if his Mum didn't want Luke to tell anyone, the blonde couldn't hold off any longer. Ashton deserved an explanation.

It's not like Luke cares more about Ashton's feelings than his own mothers, he just didn't understand why Liz wanted it to be a secret in the first place. There was nothing anyone could do or say to make Luke change his mind, he wanted Ashton to at least know the truth. He didn't expect Ashton to forgive him, but if he did, he wouldn't complain. Luke knew that wouldn't happen though. Ashton seemed pretty serious when he sent that message.

Message. Maybe Ashton was just upset and didn't mean what he said. Maybe he'd forgive Luke when he looks at the scrapbook? No. Luke had been a total idiot and fucked with Ashton's emotions far too many times for him to just simply forget this ever happened. Luke wants so badly to just forget this ever happened and move on with their relationship, but of course that couldn't happen.

"Why can't life be easy for once," Luke groaned from where he layed on the floor.

"What's up?" Calum asked, perching himself up on his elbows.

"Nothing, just my thoughts attacking me."

"What's on your mind?" Luke opened his mouth, hesitated, then closed it again.

"Don't worry, it's fine. I should probably go." Luke stood up and stretched before grabbing his already packed bag.

"I'll drive you." Calum offered and Luke nodded. The boys made their way down stairs, seeing Calum's mother, Joy, sitting in the living room.

"Can I have the keys? I'm taking Luke home." Joy stood up and walked into the kitchen, grabbing the car keys out of her bag and passed them to the raven haired boy.

"Feel free to come back anytime, Luke." Joy suggested, a smile on her face.

"Thank you for putting up with me." Luke laughed slightly, earning Joy to as well. After Joy blabbered on and on for another ten minutes, the boys finally made it out of the house and in the car. Seriously, Calum thought she'd never shut up. And if he didn't pull Luke out of there, she probably wouldn't have. For the whole drive back to Luke's house, he was feeling anxious to how his mother would react to him coming home so early.