Chapter 14

Dedication to princesshemwin because she's sweet and I love her 💜 [ picture on the side is their outfits for Jack's funeral. :( ]

The thing is, Luke wanted to ask Ashton out on a date. But, Jack's funeral was in a few days and it just wouldn't be a good idea at the moment. He was definitely planning on asking the boy out though. Luke was dreading going to the funeral, he wished that Ashton could be there for him for moral support - he just wasn't sure on how to ask. He would have appreciated it if Michael and even Calum could make an attempt to show up. His mother wouldn't have a problem with him bringing a few friends, if it helps get Luke through it. Liz was even going to suggest him bring his friends.

Luke had started talking and opening up to Denise, Liz and his other brother Ben. They were relieved and it made them feel a bit better that Luke didn't shut them out anymore. Of course, Luke was still upset and would still cry at night, but he's only known that his brother died for two weeks and Liz kept it from him for another week. Which makes it almost a month since he died. Luke finally got an outfit for the funeral, which consisted of a new pair of skinny jeans without rips and a dress shirt. Liz wasn't to keen on him wearing skinny jeans, however, Jack once said to him that opinions shouldn't matter unless they're good. So, he just shrugged at her.

Another thing Luke was thinking about, he overheard Calum and Michael talking about Ashton's birthday coming up really soon. Like, really really soon. It was just around the corner actually. Luke had been thinking and he wanted to do something special for Ashton to show how much he cared and appreciated the boy. Ashton has constantly been checking in on Luke and asking how he was doing and making sure he was fine, Luke really loved that Ashton cared. It made him feel loved.

Since the lockdown, school was cancelled for the week and therefore, they didn't have school. Luke badly wanted to see Ashton but didn't want to come off as clingy, even if they weren't dating. Come to think of it, that sounds ridiculous. Being afraid that someone would think you're clingy even if you weren't dating them. There's always 'clingy friend' but Luke thought they were more than friends even if they didn't have the label. They still basically do things couples do, they've kissed before, they hold hands (not to often) and they've sort of had sex but with clothes on if that counts.

Luke's eyes widened, realising him and Ashton were basically a couple without the label. He hadn't even had time to talk to his Mum about him being gay, or bi, or whatever the fuck he was. All's he knew was that he definitely liked Ashton more than a friend and if that makes him gay, so be it. He's slowly starting to accept himself, he liked that. It didn't take all that long for him to realise. He was denial ever since he met Ashton but he slowly started recognising his feeling and knew they weren't just friendly. He will admit, he was upset that he wasn't straight. He thought he was, and it was a big change in his life. He's glad he knows himself now and he finally feels comfortable.

It was now Friday and Jack's funeral was on Sunday. He thought about it for a while and he was going to invite Ashton. It would help him having his support and his mother agreed, asking him if he wanted to invite anymore friends. Luke instantly thought of Michael and Calum. Even if Calum and him weren't on best terms, he still would like him there. Of course if he didn't want to go than that's fine to. It was worth a try, however. Figuring it was now or never, Luke took a deep breath before going into his phone and clicking onto Calum's contact. It rang a few times before he picked up and Calum's confused voice came through the receiver.

Luke? Uh, hi. What's up?

Luke paused, thinking about what he was going to say and just sighed before saying, "Hi, um, just in case Ashton didn't tell you-uh.." Calum frowned on the other end, hearing how nervous and upset Luke sounded. After a few seconds of silence, Calum wondered if he was still there, and so he said Luke's name a few times and the boy finally answered much to Calum's confusion.