Chapter 15

Dedication to Larryspickle [ the gif on the side/top is a mental image of lashton later on in the chapter ;) ]

When Ashton woke up in the morning, he expected to feel happy because it was his 19th Birthday. However, that wasn't the case at all. He was tired from trying to stay up all night texting Luke to check on the blonde and it made him eventually fall asleep without his breather. It freaked him out that he didn't sleep with it on and knew he could have stopped breathing. It made him angry at himself and he began to overthink the possibilities that could happen if he did die in his sleep. The main reason why Ashton was trying to stay awake to text Luke was to keep him occupied from doing something stupid.

Judging by what he said at the funeral a few days ago, he was suicidal. Ashton couldn't even imagine Luke like that. He was always a really happy person, but the fire that Ashton loved about him burnt out. That doesn't mean Ashton doesn't like him anymore, though. Because he still does, a lot. While Ashton was straightening his hair for school, he heard his phone go off. He put the straightener down on the counter in his bathroom and grabbed his phone, sighing in relief that it was Luke that texted.

[From: Lukey 🙊]

I have my first session this afternoon, do you think you can come?

Liz had booked Luke into therapy sessions to help him and Ashton already knew this. He didn't care that it was his birthday, Luke wanted him there and therefore, he would be. It was his first time going and Ashton knew he would be a tad nervous even though he shouldn't be. He really hoped that Luke would open up to the person and tell them exactly how he's feeling. All Ashton wanted was for Luke to be happy.

[To: Lukey 🙊]

Yeah, of course

After typing a quick text, Ashton pocketed his phone and continued doing his hair. By the time he was finished, it was just about time for him to go to school and luckily Michael was picking him up today so it didn't matter how long he took getting ready. If Anne was driving him, she would usually take him in early because she has work. But since she isn't, he didn't have to get ready early and could take as long as he wanted. He only took about 10 more minutes than he usually does, so it didn't make much difference anyway.

While Ashton was waiting for Michael outside, he adjusted his glasses on his nose and unlocked his phone, seeing he had an unread message from Luke.

[From: Lukey 🙊]

Don't make any plans for after though. :) x

Ashton raised an eyebrow and felt his cheeks flush, jumping when hearing Michael beep the horn. Ashton hopped up from the steps and walked towards the car, sitting in the backseat. Michael turned up the heat, seeing Ashton shivering and reversed out of the drive way.

"You could have at least let me sit in the front seat since it's my Birthday," Ashton huffed, crossing his arms. Michael and Calum shared a glance before Michael looked at Ashton through the rear view mirror, much to his confusion.

"Calum, just give them to him." The black-haired boy rolled his eyes and Ashton looked at the two in annoyance.

"Give what to me?" Ashton asked. Calum turned around in his seat and smiled at Ashton, handing him two paper slips. Ashton's mouth dropped and eyes widened when reading what they said.

"I was going to wait until we got to school so everyone would see your reaction," Calum chuckled at what state Ashton was in. The boys face was pale and he couldn't get his words out. He was in utter shock. Ashton blinked, leaning back in his seat and quickly typed a message to the blonde.